Used 1993 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

What A CAR!
By ANDY87

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

When I got my first car at 16 I drove around in an SL-1 Saturn 1995. Then I decided after a couple of years to try out an older Toyota to try out the dependability on my own. I must say this thing has nothing stopping it. Bought it at 129,000, and now I have 160,000 on it. The only things I've had to replace on it in two years was a new distributor, an engine mount, and the timing belt.

Favorite Features

The best thing about this car is its ride quality and fuel economy for its size. The true fuel economy for this model is 20 city, 27 hwy. Its a 2.2 liter engine, which is .2 shy of the new ones and about 40hp less than the new one.

Suggested Improvements

One of my major suggestions is to keep the Camry sporty and minimal. No need for fancy gadgets. I like the way my old one looks better than the new ones.

Near 200k Miles Camry
By Asdy

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry. It is very quick for an old/cheap car. I haven't received any major problems with it since other than replacing the radiator once and a few oil leaks. The interior is nice when comparing to other cars in it's years and price.

Favorite Features

The ECT power button in the car is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat is uncomfortable. Doors are not that strong. I was in an accident and it was smashed while the other car had no sign of wear or tear. However, the 94+ models have reinforced doors a mechanic told me.

It May Be the End
By Patrina

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it used at 177,000 for the original owner. It had been well maintained. It only needs regular oil changed and tune ups, the power in this car is great, and I have to say that it's okay on gas. I've been rear- ended twice with no need to go to a body shop. Now at 277,000 the transmission is going and I think I have to buy a new car, but this car has taken me everywhere I fancied with absolutely no problem.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, power windows, anti- lock brakes, and pretty spacious.

Suggested Improvements

The passenger cup holder is useless when the car is in park. The low beams are really low, and I won't turn on the high beams unless necessary because they are way doing their job.

Did its job
By J. VanZanten

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

we bought the Car for a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. It did its job. When our family got bigger we outgrew the car. Around town we would still keep it. However we need something bigger with a two kids. I see it as an old man car but Toyota makes a quality car. Ours is a little over 150,000 and still runs great.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage 22-32 mpg, smooth ride, did not have to pump money into it on repairs, and comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Old man car, and the cup holders are no good.

Perfect family car
By mirandasmom772

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for a year and a half now. Bought it from an elderly lady who only put 48,000 miles on it from 1993-2006. The car is like new and I have only put tires, brake pads, and changed the oil in it. This is probably the best car I will ever own. My husband and daughter fit quite nicely in there with me, and we even use it to go to home depot, by dropping down the back seats. This car starts every single day and has never left me stranded. We just sold a 1992 Camry to our nephew and it had 187,000 miles when we sold it. He's getting close to the 200,000 mark. Still runs & reliable as a new car. These cars are fantastic, I will always be a loyal Toyota owner.

Favorite Features

Style, interior comfort, easy to use gauges and buttons, handles well on curves and corners, easy to parallel park. Our family has no need for a minivan or truck with this car. All controls plain but easily reached while driving.

Suggested Improvements

Dash cracked, we installed a cover. Controls/ interior looks plain.