1993 Toyota Camry DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1993 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

Reliable Car
By D. Corley

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in '96 with 40k miles. I only had 1 major problem with it, oil leaks and this was around the 60-70k miles. I have had it for 10 years and have 105k miles and hope to keep it another 10. It is very reliable and rides nicely. However, had problems with the power windows twice. Overall I have been very happy with the car. My husband has a '97 and it rides nicely too.

Favorite Features

Rides nicely, quiet engine, roomy trunk, seat goes down and can carry large items.

Classic Camry
By Dave

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used from a private party, skeptical at first, turns out to be simply a supurb vehicle. Having the 6 cylinder and standard transmission, there is no complaints about get up and go here. Nothing has gone wrong in the 2 years I have owned it, the ride quality is excellent, and it has proved to be very versatile. Im 17 and this car is PERFECT!!!! Anyone who knows anything about cars will know that the Camry is notorious for being an exeptionally reliable car, I have 169k miles, and still have 131k to go! The styling of the '93 is more attractive than what it became in 1997. Simply put, this car is excellent and has been nothing but good news for the whole time I have owned it.

Favorite Features

The spoiler, the standard aluminum sport wheels, the AWESOME stock sound system, the sunroof, V6, the whole car is great

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion is different antenna idea, it gets stuck sometimes in REALLY COLD weather, and the trunk drips water and snow in when opened in weather.

Wow!
By Christa

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have a 1993 toyoda camry 4 door LE sedan and it is the best car ever. What other car is going to be running like brand new with 194,000 miles. This car is the best car ever. The only complaint I have is my paint job because it is fading but hey it is 13 years old.

Favorite Features

The performance and the style.

Suggested Improvements

none

Best Car Value "Ever" Nominee
By family man

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I hesitated buying this car in 1997 because I thought it was pricey for a 4 year old car with 84,000 miles on it. Eight tears later in 2005 with 215,000 miles on it, I have no regrets. It is by far the best performing and most reliable car I've had. I have no reason to buy anything else. Parts may be more expensive than average but because of the low failure rate, I have saved big time and enjoyed a fine car.

Favorite Features

Very smooth and quiet ride. Great gas mileage - better than many econo cars. Stylish exterior. Roomy interior, large trunk, and folding rear seatbacks. Unbeatable reliability. A joy to drive and own a fine machine like this one. Insurance costs on the Camry is lower than most other cars.

Suggested Improvements

Water pump and original struts replaced after 5 years and 105,000 miles. The A/C gave out after 12 years with no maintenance whatsoever! All power options maintenance free at year 13. I have had to touch up the paint acouple of times because of wear and tear. It's very difficult to improve on this.

156K Still Kickin'
By deboy

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in '93. Still rides as smooth as Day 1. Very reliable. Great A/C and Heat. Just starting to see some breakdowns: Both front power window motors replaced at 150K. Oil seal leaks. Coolant concerns. Radio lights went dark. Haven't had any MAJOR expenses yet. Keep up with transmission service!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, quick A/C and Heat, reliability, good acceleration even in 4 cyl, gas mileage, trunk size, steering

Suggested Improvements

Poor design on power antenna. Freezes in winter. Replaced 3 times. Power mirrors don't "give" when run into stationary object (garage door). I know - this is driver error but the mirrors should bend.

Over 200,000 Going Strong
By Ward

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of this car. Have used dealer to maintain according to schedule. Other than 3 small fender dents, looks and shines like new, despite salt and heat of northern Ohio. Still gets 21 city, 26 highway. Runs on Sunoco regular gas! (Needs at least middle premium with other brands.) Original motor, transmission, AC all working fine. Driver's leather seat showing wear. Wish I could drop a hybrid engine into it.

Favorite Features

Great sound system. Very roomy trunk.

Requiem for a Camry
By Requiem for a Camry

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought the Camry new in 1993 and we are donating it today with 135,000 miles on it. I drove it until 2001 and my teenage son has had it for the last 4 years. The water pump went out, but the engine is still great. Replaced brakes at 50K, power window motor went out in 1999, and radiator had to be replaced in 2002--rusted through, probably from lack of maintenance...but otherwise, it's been terrific. I'm now driving a 2000 and will buy another one in a few years!

Favorite Features

Reliability. Huge trunk for the size of the car.

Suggested Improvements

I like the interior on the 1993 better than my 2000.

Excellent Car
By neumeyer8

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is a wonderful car. The only repairs I have had to make are the normal wear and tear for a car with 147,000 miles. My next car will be another Toyota Camry.

Favorite Features

Extremely reliable.

Suggested Improvements

I dislike the power antenna because it doesn't always work.

You need to drive one yourself
By stephanie

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, I bought it about 2 years ago and am in love with it. I've had to deal with maintanance (tune up, tires, oil, brakes) and what not, but for a 12 year old car that is expected. It is SOLID and drives smoothly. In the snow, it holds it's own and you feel safe in it. The v6 engine is awesome and I hope I'll never have to descend down to a v4 ever. After driving one, you won't be able to part. The appearance could be better, but it looks ahead of the game with a late-90's look. Dependable, reliable, simply common sense.

Favorite Features

Extremely comfortable quality leather, moon roof, spacious comfort, solid v6 engine, auto-turn off headlights, powerful handling, power seats/windows, and no security system to set off

Suggested Improvements

Not many, and only for the sake of being picky: bigger cupholders, and a trunk that doesn't let rain in when opened

keeps on ticking
By Peter Nugent

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchase my 1993 V6 CAMRY SPORT new in MAY 1993.In 11.5 years still the original battery, exhaust, rad., only repairs new brake pads at 65000 miles- new struts 2003 new rotors and brake pads 2004. All toyota OEM parts. This car still rides like new. I've purchased several new vehicles since but still hang on to the camry because of it!s reliability.The local service manager was wanting the car when I traded. Would I buy another camry, probably but may not be as lucky. Other vehicles large SUVs. I have a 17 year old driver in the family, just another reason to keep this car.

Favorite Features

sport suspension,stainless steel exhaust,quiet engine and little interior noise.smooth transmission

Suggested Improvements

A little more style,more competive pricing on parts