1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I wish they still made these
By AlaskaDave on 01/29/08 14:04 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought this Camry in Anchorage, Alaska with 152,000 miles on it. It has been a fantastic vehicle. It now has traveled 185,000 miles and it still gets 19 city 26 hwy mpg, runs like a top, performs well, and is very comfortable for a large person (6' 2" 230 lb). And everything still works! The only thing I would change if I could is to have a Camry wagon like this with AWD. That would truly be a car for the long term.

Reliable Runner
By Reliable Runner on 10/27/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This was my first non-American auto. It was the best experience of a car since my 1964 Chev Impala. Very dependable which rates very highly with me as a woman driver. Don't like the fact there are no flat surfaces to hold objects and no metal for a magnet to hold msgs or papers to keep in view for use. This car owes me nothing. It is a bit loud on the freeway and not a "smooth as silk" ride, but all in all it's been a keeper.

The most reliable car I've ever owned
By bdevilla on 10/03/07 10:38 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Camry, it had 90,000 miles on it. The only thing I ever had to do to this car was routine maintenance that you would expect for a car of this age. When I sold it, it had 174,000 miles and still ran like a dream!! I highly recommend a Camry. I was even rear ended in this car and all it did was chip paint off of the bumper. The Olds that hit me had his hood smashed and the grille laying in the street. Amazing. I'm a Toyota owner for life.

93 Camry
By Victor on 07/13/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable in all kinds of weather. My total expenditures for repairs in the 14 years I have owned it are less than $600. Hate to sell it but the wife wants a new car! New car payment will be around $600.

Best Car Ever.
By Megan on 04/14/07 13:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

I'm on my second. Has NEVER left me high and dry. Had a power window problem with the first, (before I totalled it). It has timeless styling, so it still looks brand new. You never see them for sale b/c people have no need to sell them. It fits a full-size mattress in the back, (rear seats fold down). I get 30 mpg. I've had 2 strangers come up to me and try to buy it. All this, and I have enough power/pick-up to burn idiots at stop lights. PLUS it's invisible to cops. I love this car and have no doubt I will be able to get another 5 years out of it.

Great!!
By chaviux007 on 01/29/07 21:28 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had it for a little more than six months and it's been a great car. Love the performance even though it has 171,000 miles it has its details. Probably the owners that had had it before didn't take care of it so I'm just doing some fixings on the suspension system and the interior, but the engine hasn't given me any problems at all. Great car.

A great vehicle!
By Billy on 12/31/06 14:47 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

We have owned this wagon since it was new. Often we have thought of trading for a new wagon, but there just doesn't seem to be anything comparable in the same size and price range. Here we are 13 years later and still waiting for a wagon as roomy, powerful, reliable and economical as the Camry! Current resale is around 2500.00, what a joke! This car is such a value vs. the cost of a Volvo or Audi, I guess we will just keep on ridin'. Someone please start making wagons like this again!

Cool Car
By mia2106 on 11/29/06 12:22 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I really do love this car. It is my first car and I think I did a great job. So far I had the transmission and radiator flushed, my oil changed. The car did not pass inspection because there is leaking power steering fluid. So now I have to get my rack and pinion replaced. Other than that, my car is in excellent condition. The interior and exterior is in great condition. The car only had 93110 miles on it, when I purchased it. The car runs smooth as silk.

Good Car
By Matt on 10/23/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this '93 last year with 44k on it. Most problems to date occured because it wasnt driven enough (several engine seals, cv boots/seals). The build quality, however, is excellent. The interior still looks new, the paint is original and still decent. Good acceleration, braking, cushy ride.

Outstanding Vehicle
By SY on 10/21/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This Camry has been top-notch. It has saved my life twice in desperate situations by its agility and power, and kept me out of many potential situations. It's required only normal maintenance, with the exception of the axle boots. These tore, probably from one of the desperation moves. If you have a shimmy (between 50mph and 55, and widening with time) that's hard to diagnose, and the front end is tight, look to the boots. This car should make it to 300,000 now.