Used 1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

A Real Beauty
By Ram

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car only four months ago with 35800 original miles. The previous owner bought new and maintained it extremely well even changing the timing belt at 20000 miles. This is a real beauty. I love how well it handles and the way it looks. Kind of reminds me of the movie with Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino" in the sense that he admired his vehicle.Currently I have less than 40000 miles on it having decided to use only occasionally in town only. Man what a beauty!

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, real smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Not enough cup holders.

STINKS
By BILLIEBOB

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This was the absolute worst car I have ever owned!! The car leaks oil, door handles fell off, and the windows won't go up right, I'll stick with Ford they have never given me any problem!!

Favorite Features

The C.D. player.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better engineering!!!

Over 200,000 Going Strong
By Ward

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of this car. Have used dealer to maintain according to schedule. Other than 3 small fender dents, looks and shines like new, despite salt and heat of northern Ohio. Still gets 21 city, 26 highway. Runs on Sunoco regular gas! (Needs at least middle premium with other brands.) Original motor, transmission, AC all working fine. Driver's leather seat showing wear. Wish I could drop a hybrid engine into it.

Favorite Features

Great sound system. Very roomy trunk.

You need to drive one yourself
By stephanie

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, I bought it about 2 years ago and am in love with it. I've had to deal with maintanance (tune up, tires, oil, brakes) and what not, but for a 12 year old car that is expected. It is SOLID and drives smoothly. In the snow, it holds it's own and you feel safe in it. The v6 engine is awesome and I hope I'll never have to descend down to a v4 ever. After driving one, you won't be able to part. The appearance could be better, but it looks ahead of the game with a late-90's look. Dependable, reliable, simply common sense.

Favorite Features

Extremely comfortable quality leather, moon roof, spacious comfort, solid v6 engine, auto-turn off headlights, powerful handling, power seats/windows, and no security system to set off

Suggested Improvements

Not many, and only for the sake of being picky: bigger cupholders, and a trunk that doesn't let rain in when opened

It's Like a Tank - A Plastic One
By Devadatta

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

You can't go wrong with getting it for it never gives any problems except after 110k miles, when the A/C dies out completely, and expectedly. It is NOT a sporty car, NOT a good-looking one either. If you are around 40 years old it's OK. Don't think that the paint job will stay on for a while. It will get eaten alive in the snow. Try to think of the positive -- you don't have a 1979 Ford Pinto.

Favorite Features

Oh I love the way the car moves to the left when you steer left, and the same for the right. I also love how is moves forward when you accelerate

Suggested Improvements

More POWER. MORE A/C cooling. MORE STEREO power and quality. MORE MORE MORE.