1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Awesome. Even for a teenager!
By CJ on 07/11/10 10:30 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 Camry as my first car at a 7eleven parking lot for 600$ even with 206k miles on it and some little minor things wrong with it but didn't bother me because i knew it would be worth the investment. These cars last forever and the V6 edition is very fast with a very nice pick up(it beat most of my friends brand new cars, including the 2009 Honda accord coupe) These cars in particular will last a while as long as you change the oil every 3,000 miles or so. Toyota will never be beat by any other car even by Honda. In my opinion Toyota should bring back the 92-94 camrys because it is the greatest car they ever built! My 93 Toyota Camry now has 216k miles and still runs almost perfect!

Surprisingly... Terrible Car
By Shane24 on 10/26/09 22:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1993 Toyota Camry back in April of 2005. I bought it with 125,000 miles. As soon as I bought it everything started to go wrong. I had to replace two head gaskets. Two Oxygen sensors. A wheel bearing. Two CV shafts. Of course all of this didn't go right away. But I only put 15,000 miles on it since I bought it, and that's a lot to go wrong. Plus for a V- 6 it didn't seem that peppy. Also I got horrible gas mileage. The one good thing is that it ran smooth. I've had enough of it. I'm going to trade it in. I have owned a lot of cars in the past, but nothing was ever this bad.

Great!!
By chaviux007 on 01/29/07 21:28 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had it for a little more than six months and it's been a great car. Love the performance even though it has 171,000 miles it has its details. Probably the owners that had had it before didn't take care of it so I'm just doing some fixings on the suspension system and the interior, but the engine hasn't given me any problems at all. Great car.

Good Car
By Matt on 10/23/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this '93 last year with 44k on it. Most problems to date occured because it wasnt driven enough (several engine seals, cv boots/seals). The build quality, however, is excellent. The interior still looks new, the paint is original and still decent. Good acceleration, braking, cushy ride.

Great model
By SoCalCarGuy on 08/30/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Camry is reliable, quick, and safe. I have had no major or minor problems in the years since I bought it new. The ride is really nice and smooth.

Favorite Car
By Marge on 05/12/06 05:18 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Of all the cars I've ever owned, my Camry has been my favorite. I've kept it longer than any other. After 13 years, it still gets great gas mileage and runs great. I plan on buying a new one this year just for a change. A friend of mine wants my "old" one. You can't go wrong with a Camry.

Wow!
By Christa on 11/06/05 15:14 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have a 1993 toyoda camry 4 door LE sedan and it is the best car ever. What other car is going to be running like brand new with 194,000 miles. This car is the best car ever. The only complaint I have is my paint job because it is fading but hey it is 13 years old.

184,000 miles and still going
By plano-chuck on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my Camry V6 LE new in 1993. After 184,000 miles, it's still going strong. Other than routine maintenance and replacement of normal wear & tear components, everything is still original in my car like muffler, radiator, CV boots, etc. Drove this car in northeast snow days and Texas summer heat; no problems.

Best Car Ever
By kendradoll on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

It has never let me down!!!

Camry - Supreme Reliability
By pirx on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

After 10 years of owning this car, it's time to find a replacement. But with such excellent reliability I'm compelled to buy another Camry. The only thing unusual that went wrong with this car in the 10 yrs is that both front axles had to be replaced. I called Toyota directly and they confirmed that this was a problem with the particular model/year. In fact, it is the only technical service bulletin on this particular car. No other known problems, which is quite astonishing. I'd buy another in a heartbeat - but I just wish they could make a look somewhat more interesting.