Used 1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Awesome. Even for a teenager!
By CJ

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 Camry as my first car at a 7eleven parking lot for 600$ even with 206k miles on it and some little minor things wrong with it but didn't bother me because i knew it would be worth the investment. These cars last forever and the V6 edition is very fast with a very nice pick up(it beat most of my friends brand new cars, including the 2009 Honda accord coupe) These cars in particular will last a while as long as you change the oil every 3,000 miles or so. Toyota will never be beat by any other car even by Honda. In my opinion Toyota should bring back the 92-94 camrys because it is the greatest car they ever built! My 93 Toyota Camry now has 216k miles and still runs almost perfect!

Favorite Features

the V6 engine(very fast), speakers have great sound, roomy, built strong!

Suggested Improvements

wish i only gotten the V6 XLE because i love the sunroof and rims instead of hubcaps.

Surprisingly... Terrible Car
By Shane24

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1993 Toyota Camry back in April of 2005. I bought it with 125,000 miles. As soon as I bought it everything started to go wrong. I had to replace two head gaskets. Two Oxygen sensors. A wheel bearing. Two CV shafts. Of course all of this didn't go right away. But I only put 15,000 miles on it since I bought it, and that's a lot to go wrong. Plus for a V- 6 it didn't seem that peppy. Also I got horrible gas mileage. The one good thing is that it ran smooth. I've had enough of it. I'm going to trade it in. I have owned a lot of cars in the past, but nothing was ever this bad.

Favorite Features

Cup Holders.

Suggested Improvements

Poor gas mileage. Engine is noisy for a V-6.

Great!!
By chaviux007

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had it for a little more than six months and it's been a great car. Love the performance even though it has 171,000 miles it has its details. Probably the owners that had had it before didn't take care of it so I'm just doing some fixings on the suspension system and the interior, but the engine hasn't given me any problems at all. Great car.

Favorite Features

I love the ECT control for more power. Great!!

Good Car
By Matt

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this '93 last year with 44k on it. Most problems to date occured because it wasnt driven enough (several engine seals, cv boots/seals). The build quality, however, is excellent. The interior still looks new, the paint is original and still decent. Good acceleration, braking, cushy ride.

Favorite Features

Build quality, the smoothness of the V-6 engine, well damped ride.

Suggested Improvements

If buying, look for oil leaks as the repairs can get very costly. Better cupholders and improved plastic wheel covers.

Great model
By SoCalCarGuy

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Camry is reliable, quick, and safe. I have had no major or minor problems in the years since I bought it new. The ride is really nice and smooth.

Favorite Features

The styling is understated and simple, not flashy or dated.

Suggested Improvements

The factory issue plastic hubcaps get scratched easily.