1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
'93 Toyota Camry Auto 200k+ miles
By ricecracker on 06/12/13 02:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car was handed down to me through the family and now after 20+ years of ownership I am sad to see it go. No words can describe exactly how reliable this car is. It was also very comfortable, and this coming from a pretty heavy set guy. Overall it is a great great car to own even in this day and age, and I have no complaints about it what so ever.

1993 Toyota Camry 4CYL Automatic
By fourny55 on 03/27/13 12:01 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 131000 on it and i have had it about 4 months and it has had no issues, besides new tires, oil changes, a tranny flush(expensive but i recommend it), and i need to convert the r12 refrigerent it is amazing. not the best mpg in town, abt 21-23 solid in-town driving. the cv boots cracked and im going to do new brakes wile i have it apart but we will see i hope its going to last 300 if i keep taking care of it.

a short some where
By camryle1993 on 03/26/12 06:46 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my care 10/24/2011 and I loved it, but it started acting up so I had to do some repairs and I have fixed the timing belt, the water pump, radiator, timing belt, tune up, oil change, fuel pump, and fuel filter....but for some reason when I drive in it with the gas on full, it will cut off when I am not holding the breaks and the gas to keep it on...I still love it but I just got it and I am frustrated about the short, and my 9 certificate mechanic has put it on the analizer and it will not tell him anything so far... I love this car and it rides great, but for some reason we cant figure out why my love want stay on...anyone have any suggestions.. I always wanted a camry got 1,but..

Best Car We've Ever Bought!
By great car on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car after I was born, and I eventually started driving it. I couldn't ask for a better first car. It always starts, has pretty good pickup for a 2.2 L and I think it's more comfortable than my mom's new Honda. The car has nearly 140K on it and still runs like the day we bought it. The only complaints we have are: transmission going out after warranty expired, both CV joints going out around 100K, and a seemingly faulty exhaust system. Other than those couple things, the car runs beautifully and will hopefully continue to for many years to come!

My first car
By anesidora916 on 08/07/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry! This was my first car, I got it at 161k 2 years ago. We have put way more than the car is worth in repairs, but all are reasonable considering the car is 17 years old and now has 204k on it. The distributor went out in May. The oil leak has been repaired numerous time and still persists; once leaked on the rotor and caused car to die. With a V4 it's not very fast. I've kept up with all maintenance but I inherited the car with some electrical problems; reverse lights don't work. I think my transmissions about to go. Car barley passed smog this year because the timing is off, engine needs a tune up. Regardless of the problems its been an awesome first car!

I love this vehicle
By AMAZING CAR on 06/11/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car last year, with 130K on it. I love this car, I wish cars were still made this well and felt this stable. With Shell Vpower, I can get 34 MPG with 40% city 60% highway. Never needs anything but oil changes, and they are a snap to do yourself. It is not the most fun to drive, but with the manual trans it is better than most camrys.

Not what it's cracked up to be
By mark on 05/30/10 04:17 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have spent a lot of money on this car in repairs. It never seems to end every time I fix something another thing breaks. Transmission went bad at 103.000 miles over $1,800 to fix. 2 cv axles went bad at 67.000 miles. Water pump needed replacement at 71.000 miles along with the timing belt, tensioner, radiator went at 91,504 miles, now car has developed a major oil leak at 113,000 miles and was told its leaking from the head gasket a cost of $900.00 from day one this car makes all kinds of noise when cold out something to do with bushings in the front and rear. It has a 4 cylinder motor which only gets 12 miles to a gallon. My next car will not be a Toyota. I'm thinking of a Nissan altima

Great Car
By Martin on 07/17/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry! It is very reliable and fun to drive. Between 45 and 55 it shakes, but any other speed is fine. The motor and transmission are fine at 180000 miles. I would recommend this car to anyone.

A Darn Good Car
By JB on 06/06/09 07:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

After owning several American-made cars, this was definitely the BEST all around car I've had. There have been issues over the years with the electrical and little things beginning to break off (broken door handle, etc), but I think this is attributable to its age. It still runs with the best of them, a nice smooth ride and solid construction. I am still driving it, current mileage 211K. If I'd have maintained it better (regular oil changes, tires, etc) like a good car owner, no telling how long this car may last.

What A CAR!
By ANDY87 on 10/18/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

When I got my first car at 16 I drove around in an SL-1 Saturn 1995. Then I decided after a couple of years to try out an older Toyota to try out the dependability on my own. I must say this thing has nothing stopping it. Bought it at 129,000, and now I have 160,000 on it. The only things I've had to replace on it in two years was a new distributor, an engine mount, and the timing belt.

1 2 3 4 5 next »