1992 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Amazing Reliability

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Amazing Reliability
By Go Tarheels! on

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Going on my second year driving this great car. After dealing with a lemon for three years, I held my breath waiting for this one to break down too but it never has. The car rides perfectly, needs only regular maintenance, no trace of an oil leak, and gets pretty good gas mileage. The rear end is rather large and makes backing up difficult in tight spaces but this is the only flaw. After the car proved herself over several long trips I could enthusiastically recommend Camryís to my mom. She has since traded in her huge, wasteful SUV for a newer model Camry and loves it. When a car is safe enough to put your mom in, thatís pretty darn safe.

Solid and reliable. A common enough car that it's easy to find a knowledgeable mechanic.

The rear is large and raised up a bit which can impair visibility. We call her "Big Butt." Also, the gear shift is too close to the cup holder. Putting her into reverse requires squeezing the cup of coffee; often times the lid pops off. This could just be due to ridiculously big cups of coffee.