Used 1992 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best car I've owned
By Joe Satisfied

1992 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased new and maintained according to normal schedule. No mechanical problems of any kind, excellent gas milage (28+ mpg). Nothing has failed. Car performs as it did when it was new. I will keep it until something major fails, probably in another ten years. The new 2003 Toyota SE is just like my '92, only cost more. 5 speed manual is great; can't hardly find manual trans. anymore. Toyota quality is first rate. I'd buy another in an instant.

Favorite Features

Interior layout, dash, controls, guages, are just where you would want them. Power moonroof is great and still tight; sound system is like my living room stereo. Large trunk space accepts everything I want to load in it and fold down back seat back increases utility for long items.

Suggested Improvements

I can think of no improvements to be made for this mid-sized four door family sedan of a sporty nature.

230K and counting
By 61Lakewooder

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my teenage son for his first car with 217K miles on it. The lady we bought it from bought it new and put three teenage girls through it as their first car. She had all of the maintenace records and cried when we drove away. In the last year I've put on brakes, struts, stabalizer links, etc. Nothing major and it just keeps on ticking.

Favorite Features

Great mileage, decent ride and handling, good power. I just love the reliability. GM and Ford should kidnap Toyota engineers before it's too late.

High Reliablity
By joseagull

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Will be topping 275k miles this month. Still rides smooth and soft and a comfy. struts is an issue. scared to buy anything else since I am so used to the reliability factor and good ride. no major issues except for regular maintenance.

Favorite Features

Big Car

Suggested Improvements

None

253000 miles
By rboyda

1992 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new,it is a 4 cyl. Changed the oil every 3000 miles, timing belt every 100k and usual maintenance items. Still has the original engine, trans, etc. Has always been reliable, passed this to my son. Wife has a 96 with 110k, again no problems. Recently bought a 2000, hope to get 200k+ miles from this one.

Favorite Features

Ride, mileage, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk support could be stronger.

I Love My Toyota
By Neva Rogers

1992 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

My car lacks cruise control. It does not have ABS. I have had very small problems. I take my car to the dealer and treat it like a baby. It is my joy.

Favorite Features

The center mirror that can be darkened to void glare. Back seats and fold down.

Suggested Improvements

Don't have any. Maybe should have the new radar that Mercedes Benz has that tells you when you are going to hit a car.