Used 1992 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

true work horse
By mercer

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 92 camry used, with 130000 miles. I used it for 2 and a half years for work. driving an estimated 60000 miles a year. I had no problems other than an emission coil needing replaced. other than that it has been well worth money spent. and money earned from this work horse.

interior design

92 Toyota Camry LE V6 Rocks! I love it!
By Sterling

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I'm a high school student and this is my first car and I love it! My dad's a Toyota freak so i figured I would get one instead of a truck I would get a sedan and I love it! Drives smooth, is reliable, very roomy, just change the oil every 3,000 miles and you'll get the best out of it. I'm convinced that Toyotas are the best! Would have liked to have had the 5 spd but, hey, automatic is kinda nice when you just wanna go. Bought it for $3,000 so got a good deal and its still in good shape, will need things eventually probably but, hey it's not a brand new car so what can you expect! It just goes and goes, but remember if you don't maintain it, you won't get 350,000 mile.

I like the V6 with its peppy little 3.0 Liter engine, nice look to it for how old it is, definitely reliable! Good first car for kids like me. Nothing fancy shmancy which is fine with me! Has CC, PW, PDL, CD, AC, doesn't really need more than that, I like the fact that I don't have to put a lot of $$ in it.

The cup holders aren't in the best place but that's not a big issue at all.

Holy Cow!!!!!
By Miles and Miles

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Mom got it new and drove it 100,000 miles. My brother then took it and drove it up to 205,000. I've got it now, and it's got 319,456 miles. It was just in to the shop to clean the fuel injectors and a general tune-up, and the mechanics told me they couldn't believe how good the engine looked. I'm on my way to 400K.

Great Car
By Rich

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable. Change the oil and maintain it well, and you will get 200,000 miles out of it. Very easy to drive, easy to use dashboard controls. Well engineered. This is the kind of car you keep in the family for 15 years or more. Great car for a college student.

Plenty of leg room for a tall driver. Easy to use dash. Nice body design. Still looks fairly with it, even though 13 years old.

No real areas to improve. Could use 10 or 20 more horsepower, but acceleration is adequate. Replacement Toyota parts are pricey.

1992 Toyota Camry LE Review
By Rich

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable. Solid performer. Change the oil regularly, change the timing belt overy 60,000 miles. Maintain it well, and you will get 200,000 miles out of it.

Plenty of room for taller drivers, compared to Accord, 626, and Maxima.

Could have used 10 or 20 more horsepower.