Used 1992 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love it!!
By amsgram

1992 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I knew the original owner, so I knew how well the car had been taken care of. I love it. The only problem I have had is an oil smell in the engine compartment. It doesn't use oil that I know of, I have it changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Runs great. I'm hoping to get 400,000. I'm so spoiled I'm afraid to have to get a new car, besides they're all ugly.

The headlights that come on when the engine starts and go off when the door is opened. Should be standard on every car made.

AC vents in back seat area.

Surprisingly bad
By Marv

1992 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I was surprised with all the trouble I had with it. I had to replace the rack, water pump, and radiator. When I managed to get rid of it, the heater didn't work and I was still having problems with the car overheating, there was a major leak in the air conditioning system, and the AT wasn't shifting well. I suspect that a previous owner must have badly mistreated this vehicle (and possibly rolled back the odometer), though it's possible Toyota occasionally produces an individual lemon.

Comfortable car that handled well, even though the ball joints were also bad. Solid engine.

Given that the car I had may have been an anomaly, there's nothing I can suggest.

It Doesn't Get Any Better!
By MISSRIA310

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I mean it's no Lexus but boy can this car go and go and it's still going. It is now 15 years old with 136k miles. This is my first car and I have developed a special type of appreciation for it. I have never done anything except for the reg. maintenance, all of the parts are still original and my mechanic says it still has a long way to go. My uncle was the previous owner and he took great care of it. I am so impressed with Toyota that I wouldn't even consider another make. Why should I. This is a great first car and it's great for college students like me. And another great thing, the body of the car doesn't look like that of a 92 model, it looks way newer than it is.

Everything. The always functioning moon roof, the comfy seats. The ac and heater still work perfectly fine. And all the functions are great.

The cup holders are in the worse location ever. I always spill my drinks. Other than that there are none

Love My Camry
By Veronica

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '92 Camry XLE third-hand from an elderly couple. This is my second Camry, and I love it. I haven't had to put any money into this car except for scheduled maintenance and annual touch up painting. I have 111,000 miles on the odometer and hope to get to 200,000 or 20 years old, whichever comes first! My only complaint about the car is that it has a moon roof that takes up head space and makes it a little "short" for me. I'm 5'11". Other than that, I couldn't ask for better performance or reliability.

Recommend to Anyone!
By Janey

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love this car! My Camry has over 250,000 miles on it and is running close to as well as it did when it was purchased new. This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Of course, there have been minor problems but considering the mileage, nothing major is great. These cars look great for being 15 years old. People can't believe the condition of this car after that amount of time. Routine maintenance has kept it going strong. I recommend this car to anyone who is looking to buy.

V6 has great power, leather seats very comfortable, engine runs great!

None that come to mind. I really believe this is one of the best made cars on the road.