Used 1992 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
My quick lil Camry
By KBurnette09

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is a very well built car. I have the 3.0 liter v6 and it runs VERY strong. I took out the horrible fan design that runs off of the power steering and hooked up 2 electric fans with a relay on the ignition. Just got a new performance transmission put in it with a cold air intake and its a very quick car. I bought it for $300 and it had a wrecked hood and radiator and I replaced that for $350. And the new tranny was only $1100.

Favorite Features

I love that mine came with the chrome 5 star wheels. The leather interior. The easily accessible engine. GREAT CAR.

Suggested Improvements

They should have made a 3.8 liter version. Then I coulda slapped a supercharger intake on it.

This car is my baby
By jesse arzola

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago and ever since it's still running. It cost me $1000 and I put over a grand into it. I'm thinking of painting it. It drives better than my neighbors cheap Nissan altima 97 fo sho in yo face manny (my neighbor) Toyota beat your Nissan again

Favorite Features

when you open your door after your cars off with the headlights on it automatically shuts the headlights off

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a higher clearance off the ground

BEST FRIGGIN CAR IN THE WORLD!
By codaddictions

1992 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a guy on craigslist and she was already 18 years old. Haha she's as old as me already and she has still been going so strong. Has 203,000 miles on her and runs like a new car. The only thing that has given out on her was a part on the fuel injector and that was fixed she was up and running like a champ again. Her muffler gave out only a week ago and I don't really blame her since she's had the original ever since she was made. Love this car to death. She's cute and that little baby blue color; she's not just a car she's my baby! LOVE THIS CAR TO DEATH. I hope to burn her out to 300,000 miles <3<

Favorite Features

That comfortable interior and the amazing handling. The exterior is adorable too <3

Suggested Improvements

Eh nothing! Well I know a few people that I know that own the same year model had trouble with the antennae on the back end I guess? Because I guess the one on my car had issues and just finally broke off.

poor reliability
By mharon

1992 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Not sure if my car just sucks or something, but i bought a camry last year with 112,000 miles on it. I bought it for $2000, and have so far put a total of $4500 into it and now it needs a new transmission. I will not be buying a camry again. yea the car will go forever if you can start it, but once you turn it off, you dont know if it will start again, or if it will just fall apart randomly. IF YOU DO BUY THIS CAR CHECK THE DOOR HANDLES. This is a super common problem ive seen with all camrys of this year. ask the owner if any door handles have been replaced.

Typical Toyota Except for
By Lorr

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Solid feel. Door close with a solid thump. Brake feel is the best--don't have to drive Benz, Bimmer, Porsche to know that. Steering effort is light but still retains enough road feel at all speeds--perfect. Smooth running and very quiet on most road surfaces. All these traits spell quality and translate to great value for the money. One gripe--suspension a bit stiff and a little short on wheel travel. Absorbs small road imperfections well but bigger bumps hammer cabin LOUD and HARD.

Favorite Features

All the traits I equate with good quality construction and design: Solid feel, Quiet ride, Excellent Brake Feel, Light but Communicative Steering (by contrast, 1997-2001 Camry has heavy steering--heavier than a Honda Accord's), Toyota Reputation for Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Soften the springs a little bit. It's a sedan, not a sports car. Give it more wheel travel to absorb bigger bumps.