Used 1992 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car
By Bill

1992 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1992 Camry about 15 years ago and have been really satisfied with it. Few major mechanical issues over the years - most of them self induced (e.g., too hard on the transmission). Still runs great after all these years. Expect that it will run for another 50,000 miles. Consistently get 20 mpg.

The best car that I've ever owned!
By Minnesota

1992 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

My 1992 Toyota Camry is the best car that I've ever owned. I have over 166,000 miles on it and it's still as reliable as when it was new. It's a 4 cylinder that gets great gas mileage plus it starts even on a cold Minnesota winter day.

Best car ever for me
By kennyg

1992 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my xle v6 with 60,000 in 1994. It now has 270,000 and in that time have changed brake pads 3 times, CV boots twice, wires and plugs once, two timing belts and struts and other that filters, tires and oil.... That is it ! If I could buy this car new today, I would. Best car I ever owned (I am 60 years old).

Dependable, looks, dependable, dependable.

Love it!!
By amsgram

1992 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I knew the original owner, so I knew how well the car had been taken care of. I love it. The only problem I have had is an oil smell in the engine compartment. It doesn't use oil that I know of, I have it changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Runs great. I'm hoping to get 400,000. I'm so spoiled I'm afraid to have to get a new car, besides they're all ugly.

The headlights that come on when the engine starts and go off when the door is opened. Should be standard on every car made.

AC vents in back seat area.

Surprisingly bad
By Marv

1992 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I was surprised with all the trouble I had with it. I had to replace the rack, water pump, and radiator. When I managed to get rid of it, the heater didn't work and I was still having problems with the car overheating, there was a major leak in the air conditioning system, and the AT wasn't shifting well. I suspect that a previous owner must have badly mistreated this vehicle (and possibly rolled back the odometer), though it's possible Toyota occasionally produces an individual lemon.

Comfortable car that handled well, even though the ball joints were also bad. Solid engine.

Given that the car I had may have been an anomaly, there's nothing I can suggest.