1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Holy Cow!!!!!
By Miles and Miles on 09/14/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Mom got it new and drove it 100,000 miles. My brother then took it and drove it up to 205,000. I've got it now, and it's got 319,456 miles. It was just in to the shop to clean the fuel injectors and a general tune-up, and the mechanics told me they couldn't believe how good the engine looked. I'm on my way to 400K.

Great Car
By Rich on 06/05/05 22:49 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable. Change the oil and maintain it well, and you will get 200,000 miles out of it. Very easy to drive, easy to use dashboard controls. Well engineered. This is the kind of car you keep in the family for 15 years or more. Great car for a college student.

1992 Toyota Camry LE Review
By Rich on 06/05/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable. Solid performer. Change the oil regularly, change the timing belt overy 60,000 miles. Maintain it well, and you will get 200,000 miles out of it.

Amazing Reliability
By Go Tarheels! on 04/02/05 01:46 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Going on my second year driving this great car. After dealing with a lemon for three years, I held my breath waiting for this one to break down too but it never has. The car rides perfectly, needs only regular maintenance, no trace of an oil leak, and gets pretty good gas mileage. The rear end is rather large and makes backing up difficult in tight spaces but this is the only flaw. After the car proved herself over several long trips I could enthusiastically recommend Camry’s to my mom. She has since traded in her huge, wasteful SUV for a newer model Camry and loves it. When a car is safe enough to put your mom in, that’s pretty darn safe.

The 92 Camry
By Nick on 12/30/04 14:46 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Good Car! I bought this car off my grandparents, and they did not baby it. For the first 5 years my grandfather drove 19,000 miles year, and then he gave it to his wife. The car has over 131 K miles now. Runs great on regular gas. 4cylinder gets about 26 avg. mpg. Only had 1 major problem and that was the transmision went due to pulling a boat for 10 years. Also muffler went after 12 years other then that this was a great small car and has all the features you could need. Greater stater car for kids. Power windows, locks, mirros, cd player, etc.

1992 Camry LE
By Brenda Glass on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car in all ways. Extremely dependable, which is important to me since I drive all over Florida for my job. It is reliable and has NEVER let me down. I have bought 3 sets of tires and 1 battery. I had a motor mount replaced and had a brake job. Other than having the oil changed every 3000 miles, that's it. Can't beat Toyota for a good, dependable automobile. I will buy another Camry.

230K and counting
By 61Lakewooder on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my teenage son for his first car with 217K miles on it. The lady we bought it from bought it new and put three teenage girls through it as their first car. She had all of the maintenace records and cried when we drove away. In the last year I've put on brakes, struts, stabalizer links, etc. Nothing major and it just keeps on ticking.

High Reliablity
By joseagull on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Will be topping 275k miles this month. Still rides smooth and soft and a comfy. struts is an issue. scared to buy anything else since I am so used to the reliability factor and good ride. no major issues except for regular maintenance.

I will drive it till it falls apart!
By Jenlovescats on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This was my second car. My first car was a Renault Alliance, I used that while I was going to school. I purchased this car 4 months out of nursing school and it was, without a doubt the best 20g's I spent. I haven't put a lot of miles on it; I just turned over 100,000, but it has run great for me and I am afraid to trade it in for fear of getting a less reliable car! This car has grow with me, it was sporty enough for a single gal (I have the moon roof and I got the detail package), then a married gal and now a Mom. It has transitioned nicely with my personal life. It sure isn't as clean and it was when I didn't have any little ones!!!

camry review
By roe on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car has been magnificent in reliability!