Used 1992 Toyota Camry LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

No way ever ever
By Spokanegirl

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it and 7 and a half DAYS later it caught on fire wasted 1350 plus 120 on registering tabs etc now have a bunch of towing fees. BS dude wouldn't give my money back either but after that I am done with Toyota's I keep thinking what if my daughter was in the car. Story is I was driving on the freeway lost acceleration and looked to get over noticed fluid flames dropping everything under the hood was scorched. Maybe it wasn't Toyota as every one is astonished at my misfortune but I choose not to ever own one hope this helps.

Favorite Features

The body style

Suggested Improvements

Make something that will not put people's lives at risk.

I can see why...
By Pat

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for a year and a half, I can see why it is the best selling car in America. My car gets around 27 MPG while being very comfortable, and the 4 cylinder engine, while not having tons of power, has good mid-range torque. It is a very comfortable car on the highway, and handles corners pretty well. The steering is, well, boring, but it gets the job done. Seeing as my car only has 93,000 miles on it, I plan on keeping it as long as possible.

Favorite Features

Very quiet and comfortable on the highway, great mileage (Averaging 27 MPG, but I have seen 34 MPG), a beast in the snow. Rarely breaks, and when it does it is usually very easy and cheap to fix.

Suggested Improvements

A bit boring, and I wish the engine had a bit more power. If you carry a full load of people often, I would suggest taking the hit on mileage and getting the V6.

Sally's Car
By jack

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought my Camry with 23,000 from auction in 03. Had brake and water pump fixes from sitting. Recent fresh paint and minor age repairs only. Great interior room and seat comfort. The usual maintenance keeps my Camry going. No replacement payments keeps me happy. As low mileage users this Camry will carry me to the retirement home. Good for additional people hauling with great trunk space for the grocery store stops.

Favorite Features

Low console view, highway speed handling, and available moon roof. Interior remains clean with neutral Silver exterior shows little dirt.

Suggested Improvements

Low door entry has been raised with newer models. Old style motor raised antenna have been replaced, thank God.

true work horse
By mercer

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 92 camry used, with 130000 miles. I used it for 2 and a half years for work. driving an estimated 60000 miles a year. I had no problems other than an emission coil needing replaced. other than that it has been well worth money spent. and money earned from this work horse.

Suggested Improvements

interior design

92 Toyota Camry LE V6 Rocks! I love it!
By Sterling

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I'm a high school student and this is my first car and I love it! My dad's a Toyota freak so i figured I would get one instead of a truck I would get a sedan and I love it! Drives smooth, is reliable, very roomy, just change the oil every 3,000 miles and you'll get the best out of it. I'm convinced that Toyotas are the best! Would have liked to have had the 5 spd but, hey, automatic is kinda nice when you just wanna go. Bought it for $3,000 so got a good deal and its still in good shape, will need things eventually probably but, hey it's not a brand new car so what can you expect! It just goes and goes, but remember if you don't maintain it, you won't get 350,000 mile.

Favorite Features

I like the V6 with its peppy little 3.0 Liter engine, nice look to it for how old it is, definitely reliable! Good first car for kids like me. Nothing fancy shmancy which is fine with me! Has CC, PW, PDL, CD, AC, doesn't really need more than that, I like the fact that I don't have to put a lot of $$ in it.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders aren't in the best place but that's not a big issue at all.