1992 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Keeps Going and Going
By jd129 on 05/22/12 04:33 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago from the first owner with 83,000 miles on it. Since then I have driven it up and down the east coast multiple times and went on a 26 day, coast to coast road trip racking up 9,725 miles. It now has 232,500 miles on it. Engine runs great, rides smooth, and besides routine maintenance and few replacement parts here and there it's been low maintenance. It has become the go to car for road trips among friends and family because of it's reliability and the fact that on the highway she gets 33 mpg consistently. I don't know how they did it, but Toyota may have made the best car on the road.

best car ever made
By datadee94 on 05/24/11 00:14 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

the 1992 toyota camry is one of the best cars i have owned. this car has bin giving me about 30 miles per gallon hw and about 25-26 city. out of all my cars it has lasted the longest with 250,000 miles with no parts changed ever on the car just regular oil changes and rides like a lexus with the LE model it has eveyrthing u could need.

A Reliable, No Frills, No Nonsense car
By Chris on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

If you're just looking for an oldie but goody, no frills, point a to point B, this is a great car. Very reliable, 25 to 30 combined miles per gallon, nice comfortable and quiet ride. Not luxurious or sporty, but starts every time and runs great. The only bad points for me are fuel economy...with a small four I would expect better, and also power is a little iffy on hills and from a start, it's still very zippy and since most other non-turbo 4-cylinders are similar, I can't fault it. The Transmission is fairly solid but will bog down on hills, otherwise a smooth shift. Fairly comfortable as I slept in it one night with the seat down. Only bad thing is I have replaced two A/C systems.

This car is my baby
By jesse arzola on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago and ever since it's still running. It cost me $1000 and I put over a grand into it. I'm thinking of painting it. It drives better than my neighbors cheap Nissan altima 97 fo sho in yo face manny (my neighbor) Toyota beat your Nissan again

The ultimate car
By Xthegrim on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have interacted with a lot of vehicles in my years but I am simply floored by this car. I have never seen anything so easy to work on. The car pulls 25-37 mpg with the 2.2 and a 5speed. It can get up and go and with a set of decent rims it handles better then a lot of sport cars. I picked up a brand new motorcycle just before I bought this car and I literally had trouble deciding on which to drive because this car was so awesome. I was recently t-boned in this car and I left with a few scratches and the other person left on a stretcher. I love my Camry and I will keep buying them. Car had 175k and ran so quiet I kept trying to start it when it was already running.

No way ever ever
By Spokanegirl on 04/10/10 03:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it and 7 and a half DAYS later it caught on fire wasted 1350 plus 120 on registering tabs etc now have a bunch of towing fees. BS dude wouldn't give my money back either but after that I am done with Toyota's I keep thinking what if my daughter was in the car. Story is I was driving on the freeway lost acceleration and looked to get over noticed fluid flames dropping everything under the hood was scorched. Maybe it wasn't Toyota as every one is astonished at my misfortune but I choose not to ever own one hope this helps.

I can see why...
By Pat on 11/20/09 10:59 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for a year and a half, I can see why it is the best selling car in America. My car gets around 27 MPG while being very comfortable, and the 4 cylinder engine, while not having tons of power, has good mid-range torque. It is a very comfortable car on the highway, and handles corners pretty well. The steering is, well, boring, but it gets the job done. Seeing as my car only has 93,000 miles on it, I plan on keeping it as long as possible.

Sally's Car
By jack on 07/25/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought my Camry with 23,000 from auction in 03. Had brake and water pump fixes from sitting. Recent fresh paint and minor age repairs only. Great interior room and seat comfort. The usual maintenance keeps my Camry going. No replacement payments keeps me happy. As low mileage users this Camry will carry me to the retirement home. Good for additional people hauling with great trunk space for the grocery store stops.

true work horse
By mercer on 09/28/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 92 camry used, with 130000 miles. I used it for 2 and a half years for work. driving an estimated 60000 miles a year. I had no problems other than an emission coil needing replaced. other than that it has been well worth money spent. and money earned from this work horse.

92 Toyota Camry LE V6 Rocks! I love it!
By Sterling on 08/17/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I'm a high school student and this is my first car and I love it! My dad's a Toyota freak so i figured I would get one instead of a truck I would get a sedan and I love it! Drives smooth, is reliable, very roomy, just change the oil every 3,000 miles and you'll get the best out of it. I'm convinced that Toyotas are the best! Would have liked to have had the 5 spd but, hey, automatic is kinda nice when you just wanna go. Bought it for $3,000 so got a good deal and its still in good shape, will need things eventually probably but, hey it's not a brand new car so what can you expect! It just goes and goes, but remember if you don't maintain it, you won't get 350,000 mile.