1992 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great car
By Bill on 04/09/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1992 Camry about 15 years ago and have been really satisfied with it. Few major mechanical issues over the years - most of them self induced (e.g., too hard on the transmission). Still runs great after all these years. Expect that it will run for another 50,000 miles. Consistently get 20 mpg.

Best car ever for me
By kennyg on 05/27/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought my xle v6 with 60,000 in 1994. It now has 270,000 and in that time have changed brake pads 3 times, CV boots twice, wires and plugs once, two timing belts and struts and other that filters, tires and oil.... That is it ! If I could buy this car new today, I would. Best car I ever owned (I am 60 years old).

Surprisingly bad
By Marv on 02/12/08 13:01 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

I was surprised with all the trouble I had with it. I had to replace the rack, water pump, and radiator. When I managed to get rid of it, the heater didn't work and I was still having problems with the car overheating, there was a major leak in the air conditioning system, and the AT wasn't shifting well. I suspect that a previous owner must have badly mistreated this vehicle (and possibly rolled back the odometer), though it's possible Toyota occasionally produces an individual lemon.

253000 miles
By rboyda on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new,it is a 4 cyl. Changed the oil every 3000 miles, timing belt every 100k and usual maintenance items. Still has the original engine, trans, etc. Has always been reliable, passed this to my son. Wife has a 96 with 110k, again no problems. Recently bought a 2000, hope to get 200k+ miles from this one.

Sorry I didn't buy one sooner
By Toyo-lover on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Bought the V6-XLE used in 2000 with 88,000 mi., now has 122,000. The V6 is strong, smooth, and effortless. The ride is very comfortable & smooth. It handles just the way you want it to. This is my first Toyota, and based on my experience with this one, it won't be my last!

A great car
By schmidbo on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Im headed to 200,000 miles with the XLE. Usual stuff has been replaced (brakes, timing belt, radiator etc) and the car just keeps on going. A great smooth ride.

Forget the rest!
By ukybrit on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

I have had 15 cars in 30 years from Minis to Mercedes and this is the car to beat them all. My 2nd V6 Toyota, the 1st did 245,000 miles. Superb comfort, effortless V6 power, smooth ride, quiet and always reliable - this car flies along! In my opinion this is the best body shape of all the models, it's a shame they changed it.

200,000 mile+ keep going and going
By FC7737 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my brand new Camry in 1992. Now it has 200K mi on it and still running great. No major problem at all, just normal wear and tear (tires, tune-up...). Mine is a V6 model: very strong engine, good gas mileage. I installed a tow hitch in the back and tow a uhual box. I can move my 2 bdrm apartment without spenting lots of $$. I've seen bad condition Camry before, those are the one that got rebuilded from accident car that's why quality is so bad. So if anyone is looking for a good car, avoid those accident car (salvaged title car)