1992 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Best car in the world
By ps3gamer on 08/04/11 11:45 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car over a year ago for $2,500, and it has been the best car I have ever owned. It had 113,000 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has about 135,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong. I have driven it all the way to Texas and back (from Alabama), and I would trust it to take me anywhere. I have only had to replace the front struts and an O2 sensor. Other than that, I've only had to perform routine maintenance on it. Total amount of money spent on maintenance is less than $500. I'll take that over a monthly car payment any day. Rides great, is super comfortable, and I wouldn't trade it for most anything. And no, it's not for sale. :)

Typical Toyota Except for
By Lorr on 08/02/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Solid feel. Door close with a solid thump. Brake feel is the best--don't have to drive Benz, Bimmer, Porsche to know that. Steering effort is light but still retains enough road feel at all speeds--perfect. Smooth running and very quiet on most road surfaces. All these traits spell quality and translate to great value for the money. One gripe--suspension a bit stiff and a little short on wheel travel. Absorbs small road imperfections well but bigger bumps hammer cabin LOUD and HARD.

19 years old and going strong!
By kinkerdoo on 05/05/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner and while I hardly put any mileage on it these days (retired) at 88,000 miles, I would put it up against any new luxury car. One key--put decent tires on it and the ride is "better than my Mercedes" (a friend lamenting his non-Camry purchase). I was recently in a fender bender and am driving a 2009 Camry--NO COMPARISON!

My quick lil Camry
By KBurnette09 on 05/05/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is a very well built car. I have the 3.0 liter v6 and it runs VERY strong. I took out the horrible fan design that runs off of the power steering and hooked up 2 electric fans with a relay on the ignition. Just got a new performance transmission put in it with a cold air intake and its a very quick car. I bought it for $300 and it had a wrecked hood and radiator and I replaced that for $350. And the new tranny was only $1100.

It Doesn't Get Any Better!
By MISSRIA310 on 10/10/07 01:47 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I mean it's no Lexus but boy can this car go and go and it's still going. It is now 15 years old with 136k miles. This is my first car and I have developed a special type of appreciation for it. I have never done anything except for the reg. maintenance, all of the parts are still original and my mechanic says it still has a long way to go. My uncle was the previous owner and he took great care of it. I am so impressed with Toyota that I wouldn't even consider another make. Why should I. This is a great first car and it's great for college students like me. And another great thing, the body of the car doesn't look like that of a 92 model, it looks way newer than it is.

Love My Camry
By Veronica on 02/22/07 09:38 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '92 Camry XLE third-hand from an elderly couple. This is my second Camry, and I love it. I haven't had to put any money into this car except for scheduled maintenance and annual touch up painting. I have 111,000 miles on the odometer and hope to get to 200,000 or 20 years old, whichever comes first! My only complaint about the car is that it has a moon roof that takes up head space and makes it a little "short" for me. I'm 5'11". Other than that, I couldn't ask for better performance or reliability.

Recommend to Anyone!
By Janey on 11/25/06 16:31 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love this car! My Camry has over 250,000 miles on it and is running close to as well as it did when it was purchased new. This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Of course, there have been minor problems but considering the mileage, nothing major is great. These cars look great for being 15 years old. People can't believe the condition of this car after that amount of time. Routine maintenance has kept it going strong. I recommend this car to anyone who is looking to buy.