Used 1992 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

It's been a good car.
By Ken Santo

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Just went over 100k miles last year and except for an oil leak it's been pretty reliable.

poor reliability
By mharon

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Not sure if my car just sucks or something, but i bought a camry last year with 112,000 miles on it. I bought it for $2000, and have so far put a total of $4500 into it and now it needs a new transmission. I will not be buying a camry again. yea the car will go forever if you can start it, but once you turn it off, you dont know if it will start again, or if it will just fall apart randomly.

IF YOU DO BUY THIS CAR CHECK THE DOOR HANDLES. This is a super common problem ive seen with all camrys of this year. ask the owner
if any door handles have been replaced.

Keeps Going and Going
By jd129

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago from the first owner with 83,000 miles on it. Since then I have driven it up and down the east coast multiple times and went on a 26 day, coast to coast road trip racking up 9,725 miles. It now has 232,500 miles on it. Engine runs great, rides smooth, and besides routine maintenance and few replacement parts here and there it's been low maintenance. It has become the go to car for road trips among friends and family because of it's reliability and the fact that on the highway she gets 33 mpg consistently. I don't know how they did it, but Toyota may have made the best car on the road.

RELIABLITY! This car goes and goes. Besides that it has a comfortabe ride, spacious interior, looks new despite being 20 years old. I have been asked over and over if it is a car from 98-99, and I get stunned faces when I say it's a 92. All power windows, locks and A/C still work.

None.

BEST FRIGGIN CAR IN THE WORLD!
By codaddictions

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a guy on craigslist and she was already 18 years old. Haha she's as old as me already and she has still been going so strong. Has 203,000 miles on her and runs like a new car. The only thing that has given out on her was a part on the fuel injector and that was fixed she was up and running like a champ again. Her muffler gave out only a week ago and I don't really blame her since she's had the original ever since she was made. Love this car to death. She's cute and that little baby blue color; she's not just a car she's my baby! LOVE THIS CAR TO DEATH.
I hope to burn her out to 300,000 miles <3<

That comfortable interior and the amazing handling. The exterior is adorable too <3

Eh nothing! Well I know a few people that I know that own the same year model had trouble with the antennae on the back end I guess? Because I guess the one on my car had issues and just finally broke off.

Best car in the world
By ps3gamer

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car over a year ago for $2,500, and it has been the best car I have ever owned. It had 113,000 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has about 135,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong. I have driven it all the way to Texas and back (from Alabama), and I would trust it to take me anywhere. I have only had to replace the front struts and an O2 sensor. Other than that, I've only had to perform routine maintenance on it. Total amount of money spent on maintenance is less than $500. I'll take that over a monthly car payment any day. Rides great, is super comfortable, and I wouldn't trade it for most anything. And no, it's not for sale. :)

Power sunroof that still works like a dream 19 years after the car was manufactured, leather seating that has held up tremendously well, and power windows and locks that still work flawlessly.