1992 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
poor reliability
By mharon on 12/06/12 14:10 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Not sure if my car just sucks or something, but i bought a camry last year with 112,000 miles on it. I bought it for $2000, and have so far put a total of $4500 into it and now it needs a new transmission. I will not be buying a camry again. yea the car will go forever if you can start it, but once you turn it off, you dont know if it will start again, or if it will just fall apart randomly. IF YOU DO BUY THIS CAR CHECK THE DOOR HANDLES. This is a super common problem ive seen with all camrys of this year. ask the owner if any door handles have been replaced.

Keeps Going and Going
By jd129 on 05/22/12 04:33 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago from the first owner with 83,000 miles on it. Since then I have driven it up and down the east coast multiple times and went on a 26 day, coast to coast road trip racking up 9,725 miles. It now has 232,500 miles on it. Engine runs great, rides smooth, and besides routine maintenance and few replacement parts here and there it's been low maintenance. It has become the go to car for road trips among friends and family because of it's reliability and the fact that on the highway she gets 33 mpg consistently. I don't know how they did it, but Toyota may have made the best car on the road.

BEST FRIGGIN CAR IN THE WORLD!
By codaddictions on 08/18/11 06:14 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a guy on craigslist and she was already 18 years old. Haha she's as old as me already and she has still been going so strong. Has 203,000 miles on her and runs like a new car. The only thing that has given out on her was a part on the fuel injector and that was fixed she was up and running like a champ again. Her muffler gave out only a week ago and I don't really blame her since she's had the original ever since she was made. Love this car to death. She's cute and that little baby blue color; she's not just a car she's my baby! LOVE THIS CAR TO DEATH. I hope to burn her out to 300,000 miles <3<

Best car in the world
By ps3gamer on 08/04/11 11:45 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car over a year ago for $2,500, and it has been the best car I have ever owned. It had 113,000 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has about 135,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong. I have driven it all the way to Texas and back (from Alabama), and I would trust it to take me anywhere. I have only had to replace the front struts and an O2 sensor. Other than that, I've only had to perform routine maintenance on it. Total amount of money spent on maintenance is less than $500. I'll take that over a monthly car payment any day. Rides great, is super comfortable, and I wouldn't trade it for most anything. And no, it's not for sale. :)

best car ever made
By datadee94 on 05/24/11 00:14 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

the 1992 toyota camry is one of the best cars i have owned. this car has bin giving me about 30 miles per gallon hw and about 25-26 city. out of all my cars it has lasted the longest with 250,000 miles with no parts changed ever on the car just regular oil changes and rides like a lexus with the LE model it has eveyrthing u could need.

A Reliable, No Frills, No Nonsense car
By Chris on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

If you're just looking for an oldie but goody, no frills, point a to point B, this is a great car. Very reliable, 25 to 30 combined miles per gallon, nice comfortable and quiet ride. Not luxurious or sporty, but starts every time and runs great. The only bad points for me are fuel economy...with a small four I would expect better, and also power is a little iffy on hills and from a start, it's still very zippy and since most other non-turbo 4-cylinders are similar, I can't fault it. The Transmission is fairly solid but will bog down on hills, otherwise a smooth shift. Fairly comfortable as I slept in it one night with the seat down. Only bad thing is I have replaced two A/C systems.

This car is my baby
By jesse arzola on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago and ever since it's still running. It cost me $1000 and I put over a grand into it. I'm thinking of painting it. It drives better than my neighbors cheap Nissan altima 97 fo sho in yo face manny (my neighbor) Toyota beat your Nissan again

The ultimate car
By Xthegrim on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have interacted with a lot of vehicles in my years but I am simply floored by this car. I have never seen anything so easy to work on. The car pulls 25-37 mpg with the 2.2 and a 5speed. It can get up and go and with a set of decent rims it handles better then a lot of sport cars. I picked up a brand new motorcycle just before I bought this car and I literally had trouble deciding on which to drive because this car was so awesome. I was recently t-boned in this car and I left with a few scratches and the other person left on a stretcher. I love my Camry and I will keep buying them. Car had 175k and ran so quiet I kept trying to start it when it was already running.

No way ever ever
By Spokanegirl on 04/10/10 03:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it and 7 and a half DAYS later it caught on fire wasted 1350 plus 120 on registering tabs etc now have a bunch of towing fees. BS dude wouldn't give my money back either but after that I am done with Toyota's I keep thinking what if my daughter was in the car. Story is I was driving on the freeway lost acceleration and looked to get over noticed fluid flames dropping everything under the hood was scorched. Maybe it wasn't Toyota as every one is astonished at my misfortune but I choose not to ever own one hope this helps.

I can see why...
By Pat on 11/20/09 10:59 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for a year and a half, I can see why it is the best selling car in America. My car gets around 27 MPG while being very comfortable, and the 4 cylinder engine, while not having tons of power, has good mid-range torque. It is a very comfortable car on the highway, and handles corners pretty well. The steering is, well, boring, but it gets the job done. Seeing as my car only has 93,000 miles on it, I plan on keeping it as long as possible.