Used 1992 Toyota Camry LE Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Keeps Going and Going
By jd129

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago from the first owner with 83,000 miles on it. Since then I have driven it up and down the east coast multiple times and went on a 26 day, coast to coast road trip racking up 9,725 miles. It now has 232,500 miles on it. Engine runs great, rides smooth, and besides routine maintenance and few replacement parts here and there it's been low maintenance. It has become the go to car for road trips among friends and family because of it's reliability and the fact that on the highway she gets 33 mpg consistently. I don't know how they did it, but Toyota may have made the best car on the road.

RELIABLITY! This car goes and goes. Besides that it has a comfortabe ride, spacious interior, looks new despite being 20 years old. I have been asked over and over if it is a car from 98-99, and I get stunned faces when I say it's a 92. All power windows, locks and A/C still work.

None.

best car ever made
By datadee94

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

the 1992 toyota camry is one of the best cars i have owned. this car has bin giving me about 30 miles per gallon hw and about 25-26 city. out of all my cars it has lasted the longest with 250,000 miles with no parts changed ever on the car just regular oil changes and rides like a lexus with the LE
model it has eveyrthing u could need.

the car has full midnight blue interior,a 2.2l engine with runs great and has everything the new cars have but it will last u alot longer than any other new car

A Reliable, No Frills, No Nonsense car
By Chris

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

If you're just looking for an oldie but goody, no frills, point a to point B, this is a great car. Very reliable, 25 to 30 combined miles per gallon, nice comfortable and quiet ride. Not luxurious or sporty, but starts every time and runs great. The only bad points for me are fuel economy...with a small four I would expect better, and also power is a little iffy on hills and from a start, it's still very zippy and since most other non-turbo 4-cylinders are similar, I can't fault it. The Transmission is fairly solid but will bog down on hills, otherwise a smooth shift. Fairly comfortable as I slept in it one night with the seat down. Only bad thing is I have replaced two A/C systems.

Cruise, Loud Radio, Good Heat and A/C

Try working on the transmission, very boggy on hills with a delayed reaction and very slow on the start, shift points should be changed or the gear ratios. Also more options would be nice. This is a car that would be great with a turbo bolted to it.

This car is my baby
By jesse arzola

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago and ever since it's still running. It cost me $1000 and I put over a grand into it. I'm thinking of painting it. It drives better than my neighbors cheap Nissan altima 97 fo sho in yo face manny (my neighbor) Toyota beat your Nissan again

when you open your door after your cars off with the headlights on it automatically shuts the headlights off

Maybe a higher clearance off the ground

The ultimate car
By Xthegrim

1992 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have interacted with a lot of vehicles in my years but I am simply floored by this car. I have never seen anything so easy to work on. The car pulls 25-37 mpg with the 2.2 and a 5speed. It can get up and go and with a set of decent rims it handles better then a lot of sport cars. I picked up a brand new motorcycle just before I bought this car and I literally had trouble deciding on which to drive because this car was so awesome. I was recently t-boned in this car and I left with a few scratches and the other person left on a stretcher. I love my Camry and I will keep buying them. Car had 175k and ran so quiet I kept trying to start it when it was already running.

Mechanics dream, so much room to work, everything so easy to access. Fuses in genius location. Huge trunk, hydraulic hood, arctic a/c. Quickest winter warm ups.

These things would pull 40+ mpg with a 6th gear on top of the existing tranny.