Used 1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best car in the world
By ps3gamer

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car over a year ago for $2,500, and it has been the best car I have ever owned. It had 113,000 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has about 135,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong. I have driven it all the way to Texas and back (from Alabama), and I would trust it to take me anywhere. I have only had to replace the front struts and an O2 sensor. Other than that, I've only had to perform routine maintenance on it. Total amount of money spent on maintenance is less than $500. I'll take that over a monthly car payment any day. Rides great, is super comfortable, and I wouldn't trade it for most anything. And no, it's not for sale. :)

Favorite Features

Power sunroof that still works like a dream 19 years after the car was manufactured, leather seating that has held up tremendously well, and power windows and locks that still work flawlessly.

Typical Toyota Except for
By Lorr

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Solid feel. Door close with a solid thump. Brake feel is the best--don't have to drive Benz, Bimmer, Porsche to know that. Steering effort is light but still retains enough road feel at all speeds--perfect. Smooth running and very quiet on most road surfaces. All these traits spell quality and translate to great value for the money. One gripe--suspension a bit stiff and a little short on wheel travel. Absorbs small road imperfections well but bigger bumps hammer cabin LOUD and HARD.

Favorite Features

All the traits I equate with good quality construction and design: Solid feel, Quiet ride, Excellent Brake Feel, Light but Communicative Steering (by contrast, 1997-2001 Camry has heavy steering--heavier than a Honda Accord's), Toyota Reputation for Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Soften the springs a little bit. It's a sedan, not a sports car. Give it more wheel travel to absorb bigger bumps.

19 years old and going strong!
By kinkerdoo

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner and while I hardly put any mileage on it these days (retired) at 88,000 miles, I would put it up against any new luxury car. One key--put decent tires on it and the ride is "better than my Mercedes" (a friend lamenting his non-Camry purchase). I was recently in a fender bender and am driving a 2009 Camry--NO COMPARISON!

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seats to make a HUGE trunk even bigger!

My quick lil Camry
By KBurnette09

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is a very well built car. I have the 3.0 liter v6 and it runs VERY strong. I took out the horrible fan design that runs off of the power steering and hooked up 2 electric fans with a relay on the ignition. Just got a new performance transmission put in it with a cold air intake and its a very quick car. I bought it for $300 and it had a wrecked hood and radiator and I replaced that for $350. And the new tranny was only $1100.

Favorite Features

I love that mine came with the chrome 5 star wheels. The leather interior. The easily accessible engine. GREAT CAR.

Suggested Improvements

They should have made a 3.8 liter version. Then I coulda slapped a supercharger intake on it.

It Doesn't Get Any Better!
By MISSRIA310

1992 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I mean it's no Lexus but boy can this car go and go and it's still going. It is now 15 years old with 136k miles. This is my first car and I have developed a special type of appreciation for it. I have never done anything except for the reg. maintenance, all of the parts are still original and my mechanic says it still has a long way to go. My uncle was the previous owner and he took great care of it. I am so impressed with Toyota that I wouldn't even consider another make. Why should I. This is a great first car and it's great for college students like me. And another great thing, the body of the car doesn't look like that of a 92 model, it looks way newer than it is.

Favorite Features

Everything. The always functioning moon roof, the comfy seats. The ac and heater still work perfectly fine. And all the functions are great.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are in the worse location ever. I always spill my drinks. Other than that there are none