1991 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Very Disappointed Former Camry

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Very Disappointed Former Camry Owner!!!!
By Kris on

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

WHAT a disappointment! Starting from the test drive, I had this gut feeling something wasn't quite right. The test-ride was great and it drove like new! When the sales guy accompanied me (I hate when they go with you!!) stating that I had the vehicle out too long, a red flag came up. I still bought it, then I stored it at a friend's and was happy. The mileage was 194K at the time of purchase and right after I washed it at a car wash, the fuel pump died! Also, it had a major electrical problem (the left blinker wouldn't go out!!) and I couldn't afford to fix it. I will never buy the older model again! Only the '92-'96 models and this time will have it mechanically checked out thoroughly!!!!!

Nice exterior body design, very quiet engine, very comfortable seats, lots of power for a 2.0L. Excellent suspension and front end stability, plenty of interior/trunk space.

Build a better and longer lasting fuel pump, improve on the common rust on wheel wells, (both front and rear) cupholders in a better location, improve/upgrade all electrical parts and better center console.