"old" Toyota quality
By Steve on
1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan
We bought our 1991 Camry from my in- laws in 1999 with 83,000 miles. Now at 250,000 miles, I can see why Toyota was dominant in the durability department with these cars. Recently our 4cyl. model on a 525 mile round trip got a record of 39.5pmg with only me in it, but used about 3/4 of a quart of oil. Living in the salt belt has taken a toll on its sheet metal, especially around the rear wheel wells. It does lack power but makes up for it in a smooth and reliable ride. After all of Toyota's recalls lately, I wonder if they will ever make a reliable car like this one again? If I was going newer, I may want to switch to a Honda next time. Toyota went too big too fast and its quality shows!
Favorite Features
Dependability! Awesome transmission and good mpg. Visibility with the larger windows is excellent all around (not like today's cars.) It's a car you don't worry about, its good and both you and the car know it. 1991 paint on those cars are excellent. Deep shine and bright colors on non rusty parts.
Suggested Improvements
Better anti corrosion sheet metal. Stainless steel brake lines and that's about it.