Olde Timer but Reliable
By Vin_Subram on
1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
I've been driving this car since I bought it more than twelve years ago. Its been through so much I don't have the heart to let it go. I bought the LE model with power windows, locks and mirror along with a power moonroof. Its going to be passed down to my son. I'm a mechanic by trade so the car is in fine condition. In fact there is hardly any rust on this car. I've had to replace the Transmission but that was because my wife doesn't know how to accelerate smoothly and its had some minor engine work done.
Favorite Features
I love the reliability. It has its share of problems but its never stalled or failed on me. I have had to change the alternator and starter-motor a few times although that is because I tend to use parts from the scrapyard and rebuilt parts.
Suggested Improvements
I am a bit disappointed that the body of new cars is now a large piece. For instance I had a 2003 Camry come in for some body work and the poor guy ended up having to replace the entire rear segment because his bumper was smashed in. This change can be seen in all cars though.