1991 Toyota Camry 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Not The Greatest...Mediocre

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

Not The Greatest...Mediocre
By Krissy on

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 194,000 miles on it back in Feb. and it ran BETTER than a new car. I let my friend drive it for a month, due to lack of driveway space, then stored it at my house. Maybe it sat too long (4 mos.) but started it every day until the battery AND fuel pump died on me. Another issue was a serious electrical problem with the left blinker flashing on and off when it wanted to! I sold it for $200 and was happy to be rid of this expensive-to-fix car! I will never buy the "90 or '91 models ever again. I might consider a '92-'96 body style models. But these are definitely overrated. I was very disappointed- thought they last until the 400,000 mile mark!

Favorite Features

Peppy 2.0 engine, lots of interior/trunk space, comfort, smooth ride (when it ran)!

Suggested Improvements

Build longer lasting parts (fuel pump), too rust-prone, the automatic power locks need to be ELIMINATED- they locked me out of my car with keys still in ignition! (Thank God It Wasn't Running!)and cupholders in a bad location. This car literally died on me about 1 minute after I washed it!