Used 1991 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Toyota Quality?
By Joshua Reed

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've really have some problems with it. For one, this car is designed for small people, and at 6'1" 235, i don't fall into that category. The body roll is lugubirous and i've had a lot of problems with shorts in the electrical system. But the real kicker is the fact the auto transmission is horrible. First, it had a tendency to drop into 1st if i tried to accelerate too hard on the highway, redlining the engine and lowering my speed by about 10 mi/hr. Then, just recently, it's been randomly going into 3rd at about 10 mi/hr, leaving me stranded with no torque to speak of.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

most of them have been made in later camry models. this car is just targeted at a market of which i am not a part

Outstanding!
By Camry Owner

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is unbeliveable. My parents started with it, and drove back and forth to work (totaling 130 miles). I now own it, and it has 341,000 miles, and still going strong. I just replaced the original muffler 2 years ago (2001). This car is a great car, which resulted in us buying a 2004 camry.

Favorite Features

Reliablity, this car is one that has oulasted my expectations, and will continue to.

Suggested Improvements

The accelerator sticks every once and a while after stopping. Dealer mentioned that dirt builds up behind it, that is the only downfall to this car.

Strange Performance
By Kimi24

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year and a half ago. Since then, I have put so much money into it trying to solve a very strange intermitting problem. This car will stall at stops for no apparent reason. It will then run very sluggish that day to the point where I have to ride my clutch very heavily to get it to go. The next day, or maybe even a couple of hours later, it will run perfectly fine...like there was nothing wrong with it. I have had this car in the shop every two weeks with this problem. None of the 3 mechanics (includes the dealer) can figure out what's wrong with it.

Favorite Features

Automatic seat belts, tilt wheel, folding down back seats.

Suggested Improvements

I like everything about this car...besides the one mechanical mystery.

Cool Camry
By rustynail

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My Camry is the best car i have ever owned, it is so reliably. My Camry has 148,000 miles on it, and i think it will go for another 148,000 miles!

Favorite Features

I have no favorite features because i love the whole car!

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Toyota dependability
By Ted Ast

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a very reliable car that gets great gas mileage this is the car for you. I have 153,000 miles on this car and it is still going. I hope to get about 5 more years out of this car. I don't see any reason not to.