Used 1991 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

excellent car
By musicman

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

Got this car last summer, really love it. Performance was mediocre with the 4 cyl, but gas mileage was great (over 30 mpg hwy) All around a nice car, especially for a college student like myself. Drove it 1500 miles to school last semester without a problem, great on trips. Just be sure to keep on top of the oil. it all burned out within a few weeks into the semester and my engine choked up, the only reason I don't have it any more. Other than that, great car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

reliability with proper care, gas mileage, comfort

Excellent Car!
By dude

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I own a base model toyota camry, and I love it! I purchased the car when it had 209k on it, and it ran like a champ, it now has 255k and it still runs strong. The car is so easy to fix, everything is right there!

Easy to fix, reliable.

A little more power

1991 camry with 115K miles
By Eddie Guider

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

it is not super to drive in heavy freeway traffic,but is fun to drive in the mountains and okay in the snow of Colo.

Auto, trans - overdrive is great in mountains.

Seat adjustments are tedious

an AMAZING CAR!
By Anthony McCabe

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

If you are planning to buy a used car for a new driver or someone going off to college... this is the car for you. I bought this car from my next door neighbor in September and the car has had NO problems (knock on wood) and it never has. I bought it because they were selling it to me for an amazing price.. with 209000 miles on it. THE CAR RUNS AMAZINGLY! In snow.. rain.. ice.. it's perfect and I couldnt ask for a better car for 500 bucks! I'd pay 2000 for this car because it is so reliable!

5 spd.. dashboard clock! haha.. amazing handling.. sufficient power.. quiet ride

sadly.. there is major rust around all 4 wheel wells, but over the rest of the car.. the paint is fine... a tachometer would have been nice..

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Had
By Charlie Miedema

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in June with 147,000 miles on it. Now it is November 10th and i have 160,500 miles. This car comes from Ohio, so there is a considerable amount of rust on it. I live in California. All I have done to it is add tires, brakes, and oil changes. This car is quiet, smooth, great milage, and it is just tough as hell. The only bad part is that I need a valve adjustment, and it has special types of valves, and I've been quoted between $180 and $600 to just have my valves adjusted. I am going to just have a new timing belt, coolant flush, and tranny service at the same time so my Camry will be good as new. I definitly recommend this car to all.

Very reliable. Also the metal is not flexible, it is hard and strong. VERY comfortable front seats, i don't know about the back I have never sat in them. Large trunk. Quite roomy inside. I like the automatic seatbelts. Very cold A/C.

The radio is too low to reach unless you bend forward. A tach would be nice. The cup holders fold out and are cheap and flimsy. The place to add oil in the engine is in a very akward place and its hard to put oil in without spilling it on the engine. Larger wheels.