1991 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good, indeed its not american
By YoMan on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've always trusted Japanese cars, they are economical, and older models are always cheap, and reliable.

The Beast
By keysersoze on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Overall, great car! Sure I've replaced the clutch last year, along with a radiator, but you can't kill it. Great gas mileage. Like driving a cadillac on the highway. Lots of room. Handles well.

Best Little Toyota
By mhp7f on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been a great dependable car. The car was always serviced at the appropriate time. It gets great gas mileage. The 5-speed manual transmission makes the car fun to drive.

218,700 miles and runs like a charm
By Mike Fio on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since it was new. The only parts that went bad on it were the clutch, and rear struts. I just replaced them last month. Sure the car isnt a preformance god, but it makes it up a hill, so it is all good to me. If you get it maintained at the dealership, then u should be just fine. Overall this is a GREAT car to have. My car has 218,700 miles and starts everyday and runs great with out burning oil.

Best car made by human hands
By zamboni_joe on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

At 137,000 miles, I've replaced the starter and changed the oil. Still lots of life left and fun to drive. It's not the most stolen vehicle in the U.S. for nuthin'!!

Camry dx
By dr dave on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

this car is great, i bought it with 65,000 miles on it, and right now have it at about 95,000. i havent had any mechanical problems(toyota quality in action), i get about 25 mpg city, and 30 hwy. i drive fast, and reguardless of what people say about the 4 banger being slow, its not that bad, jsut really bad off the line, and on automatic trany, there is an ect button, which is what they place on the new celicas, basically its a built in performance chip. this car is also great in winter(goes better in snow then my dads f150 4x4), and makes a great first car or for somebody that commutes long distances.

Its a great car
By srp62040 on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 months ago at a used car dealership. I didnt really like the body style because of hail damage. But I liked that it had a v6 engine. And that it has good gas mileage. Plus it is really dependable. I recently bought new tires and a new exaust plus now buying a new starter. Other then that it gets me to point A to point B. Plus I am a college student so my insurance is really low. This car is a great car.

Great Car
By Smoothb on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 years ago with 100,000 miles and I have put 57,000 miles on it. I have gone to Florida (from michigan) New York and Chicago at least 6 times and drive it daily and have not had one, not one problem. I had to get a new exhaust and now I need new tires, but other then that nothing. It is truly amazing. I agree with others that I have driven this car hard and it just won't stop. Not much to look at and not fast at all, but will get you where you are going safe and sound. Runs great on the highway too. I keep test driving new cars and wind up saying, mine is as good as that. Highly recommended.

the best.
By toyota fan on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Bought the car three years ago and put 100,000 miles on it since. I beat on the car and have only had replaced the trany and minor maintenance parts. They're impossible to kill and they get good gas mileage. They're also better than any 4-wheel drive vehicle in the snow with the right tires. Also very smooth at highways speeds.

Great Car
By jab7092 on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've had the car for 2 and a half years and have had no problems at all. I've put about 12,000 miles a year on the car, get great gas milage, and have only had to do minor things like brakes and oil changes.