Used 1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I'm In Love
By SADTOLEAVEIT

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I'm sad to have to leave this car, but after 300,000 miles and no major problems, my parents have found it unfit for me to go to college with. It took me awhile to actually get over the retro exterior. But now that I have driven it for a couple of years, the style is probably its biggest flaw. This car is amazing! It is still running on stock items. The only thing that isn't is the clutch, which was only changed once! This car is perfect for first time drivers and/or if you just want a car to rack-up some miles. Because of the amount of miles, my parents are thinking of it as in long-term.

Favorite Features

300,000 Miles!!!! Great gas economy. What can be better?

Suggested Improvements

I'm in love; there is no need for improvments.

It was totaled
By Camry Fan

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I am very sad that my Camry was totaled last week! It was in excellent condition and had very low miles. I bought it 5 years ago with 63,000 miles and it now has 106,000 miles. I've always wanted a newer Camry but not under these conditions. For being 15 years old, it was very reliable and didn't have a single thing wrong with it so it was very economical. I will definitely miss my Camry!!!

Favorite Features

A/C, power everything, quiet, trunk size, folding back seats, zippy for its age, turbo button, eject button, leg room, sturdy metal (saved me during my accident!!), reliability

Suggested Improvements

None

Good bye 91 Camry...
By pete

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Outstanding value. Great car. Seemed like I the longer I owned it the better I liked it. Too bad it was recently stolen...probably would have driven it another 20K miles.

Favorite Features

V6 with a stick...hard to come by. Excellent performance with decent mileage...25mpg.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

Surprising super efficient vehicle
By JM

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 91 Toyota Camry with 150,000 miles on it. I know from experience and from friends who are owners of this very car that I can expect to see another 150000-200000 miles out of this amazing machine.

Favorite Features

Great MPG, starts right up (sounds filled with energy), roomy, quiet, excellent ride, everything still works like new!!!!, low maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Radio location, visibility (as far as the side mirrors i.e. merging), better pickup.

excellent car
By musicman

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

Got this car last summer, really love it. Performance was mediocre with the 4 cyl, but gas mileage was great (over 30 mpg hwy) All around a nice car, especially for a college student like myself. Drove it 1500 miles to school last semester without a problem, great on trips. Just be sure to keep on top of the oil. it all burned out within a few weeks into the semester and my engine choked up, the only reason I don't have it any more. Other than that, great car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Favorite Features

reliability with proper care, gas mileage, comfort