1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
like an "old" friend, I count on it
By splash on 11/05/04 21:39 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is an amazing car and far surpassed my expectations.It's taken me through the nastiest winter driving safely and handles like it was made for me. I sold it to my son for a "winter" car, he drove it 2 years and now I am buying it back for my 2nd car during summers.At 125,000 miles, found an intermittent oil leak that occurrs only when on long,fast highways.Can't find out where and what is causing it.Everything else, except the A/C still works great.Have an '02 Honda but this Camry proved itself to be far superior!Will keep it till it croaks!

The V21 Chassis
By Shard on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is by far the most suprising car you will ever find. It's realiable, a ton of fun to drive, the V6 engine is absolutly superb with nearly a 1000RPMs of acceleration after MAX HP is reached giving you great acceleration in higher gears, the car's handling suprisingly good for a 4 door sedan, it's extrememly comfertable to sit in, the car really looks nice if you step back and look at it from the front, Increadably good in the snow, and just an all around great car. The V21 chassis that his car is built on is said to be the best Camry Chassis period and was the choice of chassis used by CHP for their prototype Police Intercepter. Just a wonderful car all around and great in the snow.

The Car that will not die!
By Judene Behrens on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is definelty the most reliable car that I have ever owned. It had high mileage on it when I bought. He had 70,000 miles. I've put radiators and breaks and things, but nevertheless is an excellent car in everyway.

Nice car
By Tim 10000 on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

A hand-me-down. Engine rebuilt at 140000, and runs like a kitten. Rest of car is just starting to get old. Damn fine car for 1991, but is starting to show it's age in terms of interior acoutrements. Engine performance is excellent and the V6 puts a smile on my face during passing. Been told by the dealership that the trannys have problems around 150K, but ours is still holding in there. First generation ABS also leaves a lot to be desired. Interior panels have become very brittle and are breaking off by themselves. If you see one and it's in decent condition, I would recommend this car despite a couple gripes.

Pleased Owner
By W. Smith on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Car has been an 11 year pleasure.

Toyota Quality?
By Joshua Reed on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've really have some problems with it. For one, this car is designed for small people, and at 6'1" 235, i don't fall into that category. The body roll is lugubirous and i've had a lot of problems with shorts in the electrical system. But the real kicker is the fact the auto transmission is horrible. First, it had a tendency to drop into 1st if i tried to accelerate too hard on the highway, redlining the engine and lowering my speed by about 10 mi/hr. Then, just recently, it's been randomly going into 3rd at about 10 mi/hr, leaving me stranded with no torque to speak of.

Outstanding!
By Camry Owner on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is unbeliveable. My parents started with it, and drove back and forth to work (totaling 130 miles). I now own it, and it has 341,000 miles, and still going strong. I just replaced the original muffler 2 years ago (2001). This car is a great car, which resulted in us buying a 2004 camry.

Strange Performance
By Kimi24 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year and a half ago. Since then, I have put so much money into it trying to solve a very strange intermitting problem. This car will stall at stops for no apparent reason. It will then run very sluggish that day to the point where I have to ride my clutch very heavily to get it to go. The next day, or maybe even a couple of hours later, it will run perfectly fine...like there was nothing wrong with it. I have had this car in the shop every two weeks with this problem. None of the 3 mechanics (includes the dealer) can figure out what's wrong with it.

Cool Camry
By rustynail on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My Camry is the best car i have ever owned, it is so reliably. My Camry has 148,000 miles on it, and i think it will go for another 148,000 miles!

Toyota dependability
By Ted Ast on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a very reliable car that gets great gas mileage this is the car for you. I have 153,000 miles on this car and it is still going. I hope to get about 5 more years out of this car. I don't see any reason not to.