Used 1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

First Car Ever Owned
By Dave

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I inherited this from my grandfather when he passed in 2006 with 38K miles. I currently have it up to 90K and it needs about 3g's worth of work, so I'm looking for a new car. However this car has been super reliable and loyal. I'm depressed that it needs to be replaced but it's 20 years old and I beat the heck out of it the last 3 years. I'm going to be a toyota/lexus fan for life based on my impressions from this car.

V6 engine is pretty peppy for this size of car, has nice pick up. Super reliable.

The car's 20 years old, I'm sure that the newer ones are better but some stuff I don't like are lack of tachometer, lack of legroom for driver, supposedly my gasket problems are commonplace and expensive to fix, hence replacing it this year.

I'll NEVER Part With It!!
By Kris

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is the 2nd Camry (this body style) I've owned (got rid of 1st one- a '90, due to expensive valve job needed) since 2004 and let me tell you, I will literally keep it until it or I bite the dust! I LOVE the body style, both in & out, and with 193,000 miles, you'd never know it. Luckily, this baby has only highway miles. Someone really was meticulous about the maintenance and is from North Jersey. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with it and is a gas saver, not a guzzler! The interior looks brand new with no stains, rips, or holes in the cloth fabric. The mpg is terrific-28/35, I believe. NOT A THING wrong with her! I felt safe on the test-drive and smiled the whole time!

Like-new interior seats, ULTRA quiet, flawless engine, super-smooth transmission, economical, super reliable, love the dark blue exterior, the list could go on & on! Another favorite feature is me being the owner!!

You can't improve upon perfection! Cupholders too low and too close to transmission gear shifter. That's all!!

Not bad for 17 yrs old.
By kjbula

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a friend for $300. It had only 108,000 miles but it did need a little work. I drove it to my house, (about 15 miles) and noticed some grinding when turning corners. Priced drive axles from Napa, $75 each. First axle took 3hrs. to replace. I had to attach the axle to my truck and tug to get it removed from trans. Second axle took 45 min. Fairly easy repair. Next gave it a tune-up. This is a V6 engine, and the front three plugs are the easiest plugs I have ever replaced, the back three are the hardest. The back center plug was still the ORIGINAL plug, Next was exhaust,mid pipe, cat to muffler. This car is solid and gets 24 MPG. Under $700 invest. best car I've ever owned

The Toyota badge on the grille. I will forever be a Toyota owner.

None. Keep up the great work Toyota.

Hell of a yoda
By toyota123

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on my 16th birthday with 162,000 miles on it. Four cylinder 2.0 3s-fe. It had original timing belt, water pump, radiator, alternator, starter, thermostat, etc. I have done some work here and there but this car will run forever. I take it everywhere. Hunting, fishing. I've pulled a few jeeps out with it too. It gets 30 mpg city and around 34 mpg highway. It has 190,000 on it now and it will easily go another 50,000.

fuel economy, reliability, and most of all, it's a yoda

none

Excellent Car
By Loyal Camry

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. Realized and experienced this is a very efficient and powerful car with its strong performance during this worst winter ever with harsh wind driving down the highway, camry can withstand it. I'm happy for camry's performance and only major part I replaced is the muffler, which was corroded and also the exterior body which is starting to show the rust anyway. Just finished my emission test and my mechanic told me that I can still use this for next 2 years.