1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I'm In Love
By SADTOLEAVEIT on 09/21/06 10:14 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I'm sad to have to leave this car, but after 300,000 miles and no major problems, my parents have found it unfit for me to go to college with. It took me awhile to actually get over the retro exterior. But now that I have driven it for a couple of years, the style is probably its biggest flaw. This car is amazing! It is still running on stock items. The only thing that isn't is the clutch, which was only changed once! This car is perfect for first time drivers and/or if you just want a car to rack-up some miles. Because of the amount of miles, my parents are thinking of it as in long-term.

It was totaled
By Camry Fan on 07/30/06 11:43 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I am very sad that my Camry was totaled last week! It was in excellent condition and had very low miles. I bought it 5 years ago with 63,000 miles and it now has 106,000 miles. I've always wanted a newer Camry but not under these conditions. For being 15 years old, it was very reliable and didn't have a single thing wrong with it so it was very economical. I will definitely miss my Camry!!!

The car that I'll always looking for!
By Andy Meier on 11/14/05 13:25 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

Only one about the quality: 157 k on the clock and the first muffler! The trans works smooth like at its first day! The engine is still going strong with the smoothness that I'm always looking for.

Good bye 91 Camry...
By pete on 04/30/05 01:31 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Outstanding value. Great car. Seemed like I the longer I owned it the better I liked it. Too bad it was recently stolen...probably would have driven it another 20K miles.

Surprising super efficient vehicle
By JM on 04/27/05 06:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 91 Toyota Camry with 150,000 miles on it. I know from experience and from friends who are owners of this very car that I can expect to see another 150000-200000 miles out of this amazing machine.

excellent car
By musicman on 04/08/05 19:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

Got this car last summer, really love it. Performance was mediocre with the 4 cyl, but gas mileage was great (over 30 mpg hwy) All around a nice car, especially for a college student like myself. Drove it 1500 miles to school last semester without a problem, great on trips. Just be sure to keep on top of the oil. it all burned out within a few weeks into the semester and my engine choked up, the only reason I don't have it any more. Other than that, great car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Excellent Car!
By dude on 04/08/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I own a base model toyota camry, and I love it! I purchased the car when it had 209k on it, and it ran like a champ, it now has 255k and it still runs strong. The car is so easy to fix, everything is right there!

1991 camry with 115K miles
By Eddie Guider on 03/22/05 17:38 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

it is not super to drive in heavy freeway traffic,but is fun to drive in the mountains and okay in the snow of Colo.

an AMAZING CAR!
By Anthony McCabe on 01/21/05 18:05 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

If you are planning to buy a used car for a new driver or someone going off to college... this is the car for you. I bought this car from my next door neighbor in September and the car has had NO problems (knock on wood) and it never has. I bought it because they were selling it to me for an amazing price.. with 209000 miles on it. THE CAR RUNS AMAZINGLY! In snow.. rain.. ice.. it's perfect and I couldnt ask for a better car for 500 bucks! I'd pay 2000 for this car because it is so reliable!

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Had
By Charlie Miedema on 11/11/04 02:07 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in June with 147,000 miles on it. Now it is November 10th and i have 160,500 miles. This car comes from Ohio, so there is a considerable amount of rust on it. I live in California. All I have done to it is add tires, brakes, and oil changes. This car is quiet, smooth, great milage, and it is just tough as hell. The only bad part is that I need a valve adjustment, and it has special types of valves, and I've been quoted between $180 and $600 to just have my valves adjusted. I am going to just have a new timing belt, coolant flush, and tranny service at the same time so my Camry will be good as new. I definitly recommend this car to all.