1991 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: 1991 Camry 200k and still goin

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

1991 Camry 200k and still going strong!
By Sullie on

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

People don't know what a reliable car is unless they've owned a Toyota. We have put over 200k trouble free miles on it. I replaced the original exhaust 6 months ago. I consistently get over 35 mpg on the little four cylinder. It's a bit underpowered but the fuel economy is wonderful. I drive 20k miles per year, that's about 400 miles a week. I recently put a newer model toyota cd player that makes the drive even better! I love this car but with the rust, I figure I've only got a year or two left. Pity, since it still runs so well. Lovely car though - outstanding - perfect for college kids.

Gas mileage, ride, the steering has a nice firm feel, it's roomy, it still shifts nicely. It's a very frugal car - parts are plentyful and cheap.

A V6 Camry would be nice. I suggest EVERYONE with an '87 + Toyota upgrade their stereo to a double din CD player from a junkyard or e-bay or something. It's a wonderful improvement and can be done for under $200.00. You'll be glad you did!