Used 1991 Toyota Camry Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Hell of a yoda
By toyota123

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on my 16th birthday with 162,000 miles on it. Four cylinder 2.0 3s-fe. It had original timing belt, water pump, radiator, alternator, starter, thermostat, etc. I have done some work here and there but this car will run forever. I take it everywhere. Hunting, fishing. I've pulled a few jeeps out with it too. It gets 30 mpg city and around 34 mpg highway. It has 190,000 on it now and it will easily go another 50,000.

fuel economy, reliability, and most of all, it's a yoda

none

Excellent Car
By Loyal Camry

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. Realized and experienced this is a very efficient and powerful car with its strong performance during this worst winter ever with harsh wind driving down the highway, camry can withstand it. I'm happy for camry's performance and only major part I replaced is the muffler, which was corroded and also the exterior body which is starting to show the rust anyway. Just finished my emission test and my mechanic told me that I can still use this for next 2 years.

Can't bust it
By Sam

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is our first car. With a growing family, we're finally getting ready to buy something bigger and newer, but we'll keep it on as the second commuter. Extraordinary reliability. It has bounced over the rough streets of Washington DC with no problems for five years. Then we took it with us to Bogotá, Colombia, for another two years. Even though we could sell it for much more than the US value in Colombia, we'll keep it for our move to Mexico.

Easy to work on, so repairs are cheap. Not that they're often needed. Comfortable and quiet, even though it's a base model.

Washington DC residents had no trouble forcing the trunk lock. Eventually I disconnected it, leaving only the inside trunk release.

Surprising super efficient vehicle
By JM

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 91 Toyota Camry with 150,000 miles on it. I know from experience and from friends who are owners of this very car that I can expect to see another 150000-200000 miles out of this amazing machine.

Great MPG, starts right up (sounds filled with energy), roomy, quiet, excellent ride, everything still works like new!!!!, low maintenance.

Radio location, visibility (as far as the side mirrors i.e. merging), better pickup.

excellent car
By musicman

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

Got this car last summer, really love it. Performance was mediocre with the 4 cyl, but gas mileage was great (over 30 mpg hwy) All around a nice car, especially for a college student like myself. Drove it 1500 miles to school last semester without a problem, great on trips. Just be sure to keep on top of the oil. it all burned out within a few weeks into the semester and my engine choked up, the only reason I don't have it any more. Other than that, great car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

reliability with proper care, gas mileage, comfort