1991 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great car
By alwaysdriving on 01/06/13 23:45 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My dad brought it for my first car at 15 y/o, it was wrote off so my dad and I spend our time together on fixing it. After I got my driver's license, I've been driving this car for 4 years now. I'm a daily driver and it never fail on me, will always take me where I want go, and very reliable as for my first car. Very comfy and easy to drive. No problems at all, runs like new still. Love my car and will never sell it!

1991 Camry, my favorite car!
By Dale on 08/02/10 12:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my parents when I got my license. I grew up with it as well. But I'm sad I'll have to get a new car in a year since my parents think this car is getting old. They really don't make cars like these anymore. It is very reliable. The only thing fixed on this car since we had it was the Alternator, shocks, and muffler. This is a powerful car and the fact that it's a V6 is great. It runs very well even though it is older than me. It's extremely reliable and safe. I prefer it over my sister's new Camry. Fuel economy is ok, could be a little better but it doesn't guzzle your gas. If I could ask Toyota to make this car for me again, I would.

Not bad for 17 yrs old.
By kjbula on 10/09/08 05:18 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a friend for $300. It had only 108,000 miles but it did need a little work. I drove it to my house, (about 15 miles) and noticed some grinding when turning corners. Priced drive axles from Napa, $75 each. First axle took 3hrs. to replace. I had to attach the axle to my truck and tug to get it removed from trans. Second axle took 45 min. Fairly easy repair. Next gave it a tune-up. This is a V6 engine, and the front three plugs are the easiest plugs I have ever replaced, the back three are the hardest. The back center plug was still the ORIGINAL plug, Next was exhaust,mid pipe, cat to muffler. This car is solid and gets 24 MPG. Under $700 invest. best car I've ever owned

Very Dependable Toyota!!
By Chris on 08/26/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I recently sold this car (owned it about 2 years) due to noisy valves, but it was a pleasure to own and drive this car. It had tons of power and only very little maintenance was required, such as spark plugs, belts, brakes. Buyers, please change the oil when it's due. If not, the engine will be destroyed as mine was. (Noisy valve lifters). Keep oil changes up to date and check and maintain all fluid levels and it will last many, many years!

The V21 Chassis
By Shard on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is by far the most suprising car you will ever find. It's realiable, a ton of fun to drive, the V6 engine is absolutly superb with nearly a 1000RPMs of acceleration after MAX HP is reached giving you great acceleration in higher gears, the car's handling suprisingly good for a 4 door sedan, it's extrememly comfertable to sit in, the car really looks nice if you step back and look at it from the front, Increadably good in the snow, and just an all around great car. The V21 chassis that his car is built on is said to be the best Camry Chassis period and was the choice of chassis used by CHP for their prototype Police Intercepter. Just a wonderful car all around and great in the snow.

Cool Camry
By rustynail on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My Camry is the best car i have ever owned, it is so reliably. My Camry has 148,000 miles on it, and i think it will go for another 148,000 miles!

Its a great car
By srp62040 on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 months ago at a used car dealership. I didnt really like the body style because of hail damage. But I liked that it had a v6 engine. And that it has good gas mileage. Plus it is really dependable. I recently bought new tires and a new exaust plus now buying a new starter. Other then that it gets me to point A to point B. Plus I am a college student so my insurance is really low. This car is a great car.

Great Car
By Mark on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my V6 Camry DX brand new in 1991. It has 135,000 miles. There were absolutely no problems. The engine runs like it was new. It is very low maintenance and I'm very happy with it.