Used 1991 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Good riddance
By brilliant2menu

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Hi, I will avoid profanity........... Was my first car, parents forced me to buy it, I knew NOTHING about cars. EVERYONE said Camry is THE BEST, so I bought one. It tormented me, spent THOUSANDS repairing this car even with only 56,000 miles...... now, I am a Sedan fan, always LOVED Cressidas but I was young and parents said NO to a 6 cylinder. To make it short, it was stolen twice and crashed, parents forced me to drive it. So it wasn't just a very bland and baseline "people mover" it was bent back to legal regulations to drive since it had already ate most of my savings as a kid......... I drive a 1989 Toyota Cressida, most amazing car, it has it all, I even cringe at the sound of "Camry"

Favorite Features

It.......... kept the rain out........ though sometimes I was so embarrassed to be seen in it that I even thought that walking was a better option.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, Toyota Windom would have made a better Camry......... no wonder I only saw this car once in Japan.......... abandoned in the country side in a ditch

Awesome car
By Jon

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a commuter, and it had only two previous owners. Extremely reliable, I only had to replace the radiator, and some typical toyota camry rust spots over the wheels. Other than that, It never gave me a problem. Very good on gas and didn't do all that bad in the snow. I was very sad when I totalled it last year in an accident. I would definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

Economical, reliable, very fun to drive, and handles very well. Surprisingly, it has some good get up and go to.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Pleased Owner
By W. Smith

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Car has been an 11 year pleasure.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more rear seat space/comfort.

Outstanding!
By Camry Owner

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car is unbeliveable. My parents started with it, and drove back and forth to work (totaling 130 miles). I now own it, and it has 341,000 miles, and still going strong. I just replaced the original muffler 2 years ago (2001). This car is a great car, which resulted in us buying a 2004 camry.

Favorite Features

Reliablity, this car is one that has oulasted my expectations, and will continue to.

Suggested Improvements

The accelerator sticks every once and a while after stopping. Dealer mentioned that dirt builds up behind it, that is the only downfall to this car.

Strange Performance
By Kimi24

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year and a half ago. Since then, I have put so much money into it trying to solve a very strange intermitting problem. This car will stall at stops for no apparent reason. It will then run very sluggish that day to the point where I have to ride my clutch very heavily to get it to go. The next day, or maybe even a couple of hours later, it will run perfectly fine...like there was nothing wrong with it. I have had this car in the shop every two weeks with this problem. None of the 3 mechanics (includes the dealer) can figure out what's wrong with it.

Favorite Features

Automatic seat belts, tilt wheel, folding down back seats.

Suggested Improvements

I like everything about this car...besides the one mechanical mystery.