1991 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I love this car!
By kl1013 on 04/07/14 20:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan AWD

My uncle gave me a base model 1991 camry for my first car. And boy was it a great first car. it got me from point A to point B, It survived three separated car accidents, with body damage only. luckily my dad was able to fix the car every time. and it even had a name, Cameron. But sadly one day one my way to class my steering locked up while I was turning, and my engine shut off completely. and when I turned my engine back on, every time it would only run for a few minutes and shut off again. we got it towed to the mechanic and that was the last of my little camry. I cried like I had lost a person. but it was a wonderful year and a half, and I would recommend this car to anybody.

Great car
By alwaysdriving on 01/06/13 23:45 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My dad brought it for my first car at 15 y/o, it was wrote off so my dad and I spend our time together on fixing it. After I got my driver's license, I've been driving this car for 4 years now. I'm a daily driver and it never fail on me, will always take me where I want go, and very reliable as for my first car. Very comfy and easy to drive. No problems at all, runs like new still. Love my car and will never sell it!

Good riddance
By brilliant2menu on 08/25/11 17:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Hi, I will avoid profanity........... Was my first car, parents forced me to buy it, I knew NOTHING about cars. EVERYONE said Camry is THE BEST, so I bought one. It tormented me, spent THOUSANDS repairing this car even with only 56,000 miles...... now, I am a Sedan fan, always LOVED Cressidas but I was young and parents said NO to a 6 cylinder. To make it short, it was stolen twice and crashed, parents forced me to drive it. So it wasn't just a very bland and baseline "people mover" it was bent back to legal regulations to drive since it had already ate most of my savings as a kid......... I drive a 1989 Toyota Cressida, most amazing car, it has it all, I even cringe at the sound of "Camry"

"old" Toyota quality
By Steve on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought our 1991 Camry from my in- laws in 1999 with 83,000 miles. Now at 250,000 miles, I can see why Toyota was dominant in the durability department with these cars. Recently our 4cyl. model on a 525 mile round trip got a record of 39.5pmg with only me in it, but used about 3/4 of a quart of oil. Living in the salt belt has taken a toll on its sheet metal, especially around the rear wheel wells. It does lack power but makes up for it in a smooth and reliable ride. After all of Toyota's recalls lately, I wonder if they will ever make a reliable car like this one again? If I was going newer, I may want to switch to a Honda next time. Toyota went too big too fast and its quality shows!

Great car, kinda rusty though
By Steve on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought our 1991 Camry from our in-laws with 83,000 miles on it in 1999. Now its nearing 250,000 miles and it still runs/ drives great. The 4 cyl. isn't the quickest, especially with the A/C on, but its gets 33+ mpg highway regularly. No squeaks or rattles inside, the cloth seats are holding up extremely well, but the clincher for me is the auto- transmission is rock solid. If Toyota could have made the car bodies less prone to rust during these years, this probably would be one of the best cars we have ever owned. Period. If you only could put Toyota powertrains into Chevy car bodies? I can only hope

1991 Camry, my favorite car!
By Dale on 08/02/10 12:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my parents when I got my license. I grew up with it as well. But I'm sad I'll have to get a new car in a year since my parents think this car is getting old. They really don't make cars like these anymore. It is very reliable. The only thing fixed on this car since we had it was the Alternator, shocks, and muffler. This is a powerful car and the fact that it's a V6 is great. It runs very well even though it is older than me. It's extremely reliable and safe. I prefer it over my sister's new Camry. Fuel economy is ok, could be a little better but it doesn't guzzle your gas. If I could ask Toyota to make this car for me again, I would.

Mileage Improved
By MonkeyKing on 10/25/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I have a '90 and '91 Camry. I bought the former new and it has 242K miles and the latter I bought mine '96 with 96K miles in Calif. and now it has 250K. This summer my gas mileage actually improved on the '91; I got 36 mpg in highway driving when I never had better than 33. I've done the usual maintenance work and am conscientious about changing the oil. I've driven these cars in New Hampshire and now in Minnesota. Rust is starting to show on the '91 and it kills me to think rust and peripherals such as freezing locks and sagging seats will destroy the cars before the engine dies. I am writing to advise anyone living in the sunbelt to never hesitate to buy this Camry.

Good Car!!
By Will on 10/08/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought it for my daily commute car (100 mi a day), it has been excellent! The car now has over 318k, uses approx 1 qt oil between changes, gets 32-35 mpg as runs great!! Keep up with the maintenance & they'll last a long time. I'd buy a newer one if I had the money, it is a great car & EVERY one still works!! Only bad is they rust easy...it has a few places needing attention.

Not The Greatest...Mediocre
By Krissy on 08/16/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 194,000 miles on it back in Feb. and it ran BETTER than a new car. I let my friend drive it for a month, due to lack of driveway space, then stored it at my house. Maybe it sat too long (4 mos.) but started it every day until the battery AND fuel pump died on me. Another issue was a serious electrical problem with the left blinker flashing on and off when it wanted to! I sold it for $200 and was happy to be rid of this expensive-to-fix car! I will never buy the "90 or '91 models ever again. I might consider a '92-'96 body style models. But these are definitely overrated. I was very disappointed- thought they last until the 400,000 mile mark!

Very Disappointed Former Camry Owner!!!!
By Kris on 08/12/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

WHAT a disappointment! Starting from the test drive, I had this gut feeling something wasn't quite right. The test-ride was great and it drove like new! When the sales guy accompanied me (I hate when they go with you!!) stating that I had the vehicle out too long, a red flag came up. I still bought it, then I stored it at a friend's and was happy. The mileage was 194K at the time of purchase and right after I washed it at a car wash, the fuel pump died! Also, it had a major electrical problem (the left blinker wouldn't go out!!) and I couldn't afford to fix it. I will never buy the older model again! Only the '92-'96 models and this time will have it mechanically checked out thoroughly!!!!!