1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Hell of a yoda
By toyota123 on 05/14/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on my 16th birthday with 162,000 miles on it. Four cylinder 2.0 3s-fe. It had original timing belt, water pump, radiator, alternator, starter, thermostat, etc. I have done some work here and there but this car will run forever. I take it everywhere. Hunting, fishing. I've pulled a few jeeps out with it too. It gets 30 mpg city and around 34 mpg highway. It has 190,000 on it now and it will easily go another 50,000.

Excellent Car
By Loyal Camry on 04/04/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. Realized and experienced this is a very efficient and powerful car with its strong performance during this worst winter ever with harsh wind driving down the highway, camry can withstand it. I'm happy for camry's performance and only major part I replaced is the muffler, which was corroded and also the exterior body which is starting to show the rust anyway. Just finished my emission test and my mechanic told me that I can still use this for next 2 years.

Can't bust it
By Sam on 11/10/07 16:24 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

This is our first car. With a growing family, we're finally getting ready to buy something bigger and newer, but we'll keep it on as the second commuter. Extraordinary reliability. It has bounced over the rough streets of Washington DC with no problems for five years. Then we took it with us to Bogotá, Colombia, for another two years. Even though we could sell it for much more than the US value in Colombia, we'll keep it for our move to Mexico.

Surprising super efficient vehicle
By JM on 04/27/05 06:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 91 Toyota Camry with 150,000 miles on it. I know from experience and from friends who are owners of this very car that I can expect to see another 150000-200000 miles out of this amazing machine.

excellent car
By musicman on 04/08/05 19:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

Got this car last summer, really love it. Performance was mediocre with the 4 cyl, but gas mileage was great (over 30 mpg hwy) All around a nice car, especially for a college student like myself. Drove it 1500 miles to school last semester without a problem, great on trips. Just be sure to keep on top of the oil. it all burned out within a few weeks into the semester and my engine choked up, the only reason I don't have it any more. Other than that, great car, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Excellent Car!
By dude on 04/08/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I own a base model toyota camry, and I love it! I purchased the car when it had 209k on it, and it ran like a champ, it now has 255k and it still runs strong. The car is so easy to fix, everything is right there!

1991 camry with 115K miles
By Eddie Guider on 03/22/05 17:38 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

it is not super to drive in heavy freeway traffic,but is fun to drive in the mountains and okay in the snow of Colo.

an AMAZING CAR!
By Anthony McCabe on 01/21/05 18:05 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

If you are planning to buy a used car for a new driver or someone going off to college... this is the car for you. I bought this car from my next door neighbor in September and the car has had NO problems (knock on wood) and it never has. I bought it because they were selling it to me for an amazing price.. with 209000 miles on it. THE CAR RUNS AMAZINGLY! In snow.. rain.. ice.. it's perfect and I couldnt ask for a better car for 500 bucks! I'd pay 2000 for this car because it is so reliable!

Toyota dependability
By Ted Ast on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a very reliable car that gets great gas mileage this is the car for you. I have 153,000 miles on this car and it is still going. I hope to get about 5 more years out of this car. I don't see any reason not to.

Good, indeed its not american
By YoMan on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I've always trusted Japanese cars, they are economical, and older models are always cheap, and reliable.