Used 1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car
By alwaysdriving

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My dad brought it for my first car at 15 y/o, it was wrote off so my dad and I spend our time together on fixing it. After I got my driver's license, I've been driving this car for 4 years now. I'm a daily driver and it never fail on me, will always take me where I want go, and very reliable as for my first car. Very comfy and easy to drive. No problems at all, runs like new still. Love my car and will never sell it!

1991 Camry, my favorite car!
By Dale

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my parents when I got my license. I grew up with it as well. But I'm sad I'll have to get a new car in a year since my parents think this car is getting old. They really don't make cars like these anymore. It is very reliable. The only thing fixed on this car since we had it was the Alternator, shocks, and muffler. This is a powerful car and the fact that it's a V6 is great. It runs very well even though it is older than me. It's extremely reliable and safe. I prefer it over my sister's new Camry. Fuel economy is ok, could be a little better but it doesn't guzzle your gas. If I could ask Toyota to make this car for me again, I would.

I love the little things they've thought of. locking glove box, curved end of ash tray so if you store coins in it, you can easily get them out; the panel lights at night only illuminate what you need (for instance, the power button for the radio lights up and the rest of it after you turn it on)

No real suggested improvements. I just wish this car had airbags (I know, they weren't standard in '91). But nevertheless, I still feel safe.

Not bad for 17 yrs old.
By kjbula

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a friend for $300. It had only 108,000 miles but it did need a little work. I drove it to my house, (about 15 miles) and noticed some grinding when turning corners. Priced drive axles from Napa, $75 each. First axle took 3hrs. to replace. I had to attach the axle to my truck and tug to get it removed from trans. Second axle took 45 min. Fairly easy repair. Next gave it a tune-up. This is a V6 engine, and the front three plugs are the easiest plugs I have ever replaced, the back three are the hardest. The back center plug was still the ORIGINAL plug, Next was exhaust,mid pipe, cat to muffler. This car is solid and gets 24 MPG. Under $700 invest. best car I've ever owned

The Toyota badge on the grille. I will forever be a Toyota owner.

None. Keep up the great work Toyota.

Very Dependable Toyota!!
By Chris

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I recently sold this car (owned it about 2 years) due to noisy valves, but it was a pleasure to own and drive this car. It had tons of power and only very little maintenance was required, such as spark plugs, belts, brakes. Buyers, please change the oil when it's due. If not, the engine will be destroyed as mine was. (Noisy valve lifters). Keep oil changes up to date and check and maintain all fluid levels and it will last many, many years!

Leather interior, moonroof, seat, engine reliability, trans. smooth as silk and excellent performance and handling. TONS of pickup!! Reliability! Reliability!

Cupholders would be nice, rust bubbled up near the rear wheel wells. Better quality body parts needed around wheel wells. Better gas perfection! Gas mileage wasn't that great due to bad valves.

The V21 Chassis
By Shard

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is by far the most suprising
car you will ever find. It's realiable,
a ton of fun to drive, the V6 engine is
absolutly superb with nearly a 1000RPMs
of acceleration after MAX HP is reached
giving you great acceleration in higher
gears, the car's handling suprisingly
good for a 4 door sedan, it's extrememly
comfertable to sit in, the car really
looks nice if you step back and look at
it from the front, Increadably good in
the snow, and just an all around great
car. The V21 chassis that his car is
built on is said to be the best Camry
Chassis period and was the choice of
chassis used by CHP for their prototype
Police Intercepter. Just a wonderful car
all around and great in the snow.

The 2VZFE Motor, the Comfert, the Reliablity, and the Fun that can be had in the car.

Though the 2VZFE is a great engine it has far more potential then 156HP(Seems more like 170HP to me), AWD with the V6 and All Wheel Steering with the the AWD as well for the Ultimate snow beast.