1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1991 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car
By alwaysdriving

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My dad brought it for my first car at 15 y/o, it was wrote off so my dad and I spend our time together on fixing it. After I got my driver's license, I've been driving this car for 4 years now. I'm a daily driver and it never fail on me, will always take me where I want go, and very reliable as for my first car. Very comfy and easy to drive. No problems at all, runs like new still. Love my car and will never sell it!

1991 Camry, my favorite car!
By Dale

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my parents when I got my license. I grew up with it as well. But I'm sad I'll have to get a new car in a year since my parents think this car is getting old. They really don't make cars like these anymore. It is very reliable. The only thing fixed on this car since we had it was the Alternator, shocks, and muffler. This is a powerful car and the fact that it's a V6 is great. It runs very well even though it is older than me. It's extremely reliable and safe. I prefer it over my sister's new Camry. Fuel economy is ok, could be a little better but it doesn't guzzle your gas. If I could ask Toyota to make this car for me again, I would.

Favorite Features

I love the little things they've thought of. locking glove box, curved end of ash tray so if you store coins in it, you can easily get them out; the panel lights at night only illuminate what you need (for instance, the power button for the radio lights up and the rest of it after you turn it on)

Suggested Improvements

No real suggested improvements. I just wish this car had airbags (I know, they weren't standard in '91). But nevertheless, I still feel safe.

Not bad for 17 yrs old.
By kjbula

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a friend for $300. It had only 108,000 miles but it did need a little work. I drove it to my house, (about 15 miles) and noticed some grinding when turning corners. Priced drive axles from Napa, $75 each. First axle took 3hrs. to replace. I had to attach the axle to my truck and tug to get it removed from trans. Second axle took 45 min. Fairly easy repair. Next gave it a tune-up. This is a V6 engine, and the front three plugs are the easiest plugs I have ever replaced, the back three are the hardest. The back center plug was still the ORIGINAL plug, Next was exhaust,mid pipe, cat to muffler. This car is solid and gets 24 MPG. Under $700 invest. best car I've ever owned

Favorite Features

The Toyota badge on the grille. I will forever be a Toyota owner.

Suggested Improvements

None. Keep up the great work Toyota.

Very Dependable Toyota!!
By Chris

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I recently sold this car (owned it about 2 years) due to noisy valves, but it was a pleasure to own and drive this car. It had tons of power and only very little maintenance was required, such as spark plugs, belts, brakes. Buyers, please change the oil when it's due. If not, the engine will be destroyed as mine was. (Noisy valve lifters). Keep oil changes up to date and check and maintain all fluid levels and it will last many, many years!

Favorite Features

Leather interior, moonroof, seat, engine reliability, trans. smooth as silk and excellent performance and handling. TONS of pickup!! Reliability! Reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders would be nice, rust bubbled up near the rear wheel wells. Better quality body parts needed around wheel wells. Better gas perfection! Gas mileage wasn't that great due to bad valves.

The V21 Chassis
By Shard

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is by far the most suprising car you will ever find. It's realiable, a ton of fun to drive, the V6 engine is absolutly superb with nearly a 1000RPMs of acceleration after MAX HP is reached giving you great acceleration in higher gears, the car's handling suprisingly good for a 4 door sedan, it's extrememly comfertable to sit in, the car really looks nice if you step back and look at it from the front, Increadably good in the snow, and just an all around great car. The V21 chassis that his car is built on is said to be the best Camry Chassis period and was the choice of chassis used by CHP for their prototype Police Intercepter. Just a wonderful car all around and great in the snow.

Favorite Features

The 2VZFE Motor, the Comfert, the Reliablity, and the Fun that can be had in the car.

Suggested Improvements

Though the 2VZFE is a great engine it has far more potential then 156HP(Seems more like 170HP to me), AWD with the V6 and All Wheel Steering with the the AWD as well for the Ultimate snow beast.

Cool Camry
By rustynail

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My Camry is the best car i have ever owned, it is so reliably. My Camry has 148,000 miles on it, and i think it will go for another 148,000 miles!

Favorite Features

I have no favorite features because i love the whole car!

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Its a great car
By srp62040

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 months ago at a used car dealership. I didnt really like the body style because of hail damage. But I liked that it had a v6 engine. And that it has good gas mileage. Plus it is really dependable. I recently bought new tires and a new exaust plus now buying a new starter. Other then that it gets me to point A to point B. Plus I am a college student so my insurance is really low. This car is a great car.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, and the v6. Most camry's I have found was 4 cylinders. Dependable, Plus I added a stereo and new seat covers.

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower!!!!

Great Car
By Mark

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my V6 Camry DX brand new in 1991. It has 135,000 miles. There were absolutely no problems. The engine runs like it was new. It is very low maintenance and I'm very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Power

Suggested Improvements

None