1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good riddance
By brilliant2menu on 08/25/11 17:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Hi, I will avoid profanity........... Was my first car, parents forced me to buy it, I knew NOTHING about cars. EVERYONE said Camry is THE BEST, so I bought one. It tormented me, spent THOUSANDS repairing this car even with only 56,000 miles...... now, I am a Sedan fan, always LOVED Cressidas but I was young and parents said NO to a 6 cylinder. To make it short, it was stolen twice and crashed, parents forced me to drive it. So it wasn't just a very bland and baseline "people mover" it was bent back to legal regulations to drive since it had already ate most of my savings as a kid......... I drive a 1989 Toyota Cressida, most amazing car, it has it all, I even cringe at the sound of "Camry"

Awesome car
By Jon on 03/27/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a commuter, and it had only two previous owners. Extremely reliable, I only had to replace the radiator, and some typical toyota camry rust spots over the wheels. Other than that, It never gave me a problem. Very good on gas and didn't do all that bad in the snow. I was very sad when I totalled it last year in an accident. I would definitely buy another one.

Pleased Owner
By W. Smith on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Car has been an 11 year pleasure.

Outstanding!
By Camry Owner on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is unbeliveable. My parents started with it, and drove back and forth to work (totaling 130 miles). I now own it, and it has 341,000 miles, and still going strong. I just replaced the original muffler 2 years ago (2001). This car is a great car, which resulted in us buying a 2004 camry.

Strange Performance
By Kimi24 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year and a half ago. Since then, I have put so much money into it trying to solve a very strange intermitting problem. This car will stall at stops for no apparent reason. It will then run very sluggish that day to the point where I have to ride my clutch very heavily to get it to go. The next day, or maybe even a couple of hours later, it will run perfectly fine...like there was nothing wrong with it. I have had this car in the shop every two weeks with this problem. None of the 3 mechanics (includes the dealer) can figure out what's wrong with it.

Olde Timer but Reliable
By Vin_Subram on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car since I bought it more than twelve years ago. Its been through so much I don't have the heart to let it go. I bought the LE model with power windows, locks and mirror along with a power moonroof. Its going to be passed down to my son. I'm a mechanic by trade so the car is in fine condition. In fact there is hardly any rust on this car. I've had to replace the Transmission but that was because my wife doesn't know how to accelerate smoothly and its had some minor engine work done.

The Beast
By keysersoze on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Overall, great car! Sure I've replaced the clutch last year, along with a radiator, but you can't kill it. Great gas mileage. Like driving a cadillac on the highway. Lots of room. Handles well.

unbelievably reliable
By JDWarns on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 165k on it and one week later took it on a non-stop 16h road trip.The following year I took another road trip(7hrs each way)with no problems either way.I also made about 5 trips(3.5hrs each way)in one summer with no problems.Has full power,cruise control,air conditioning.not bad for a '91.Basically,I've had this car for over a year,put 20k miles on it,and haven't put a penny into it mechanically. All I needed was new tires.Sure it's nothing pretty to look at and you aren't going to beat anyone off the line with it,but it's an awesome car to get you where you need to go and after all,that's what cars were built for.

wonderful car
By armensr on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my mother. She loved it. My daughter took it over after my mother passed away and she loves it. Only normal care needed, oil,tires, etc. A great no-problem car!

Problem Car
By Gp on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this as my first car, and had nothing but problems. It has 86K when i bought it for $4k. Since then i've put 20k miles on it and $6k in repairs. I still can't get my tail lights to work, no matter how many people look at it, and my engine is slower the a horse and buggy. This car has problems.