Used 1991 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I love this car!
By kl1013

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan AWD

My uncle gave me a base model 1991 camry for my first car. And boy was it a great first car. it got me from point A to point B, It survived three separated car accidents, with body damage only. luckily my dad was able to fix the car every time. and it even had a name, Cameron. But sadly one day one my way to class my steering locked up while I was turning, and my engine shut off completely. and when I turned my engine back on, every time it would only run for a few minutes and shut off again. we got it towed to the mechanic and that was the last of my little camry. I cried like I had lost a person. but it was a wonderful year and a half, and I would recommend this car to anybody.

everything

battery life

Great car
By alwaysdriving

1991 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My dad brought it for my first car at 15 y/o, it was wrote off so my dad and I spend our time together on fixing it. After I got my driver's license, I've been driving this car for 4 years now. I'm a daily driver and it never fail on me, will always take me where I want go, and very reliable as for my first car. Very comfy and easy to drive. No problems at all, runs like new still. Love my car and will never sell it!

Good riddance
By brilliant2menu

1991 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Hi, I will avoid profanity........... Was my first car, parents forced me to buy it, I knew NOTHING about cars. EVERYONE said Camry is THE BEST, so I bought one. It tormented me, spent THOUSANDS repairing this car even with only 56,000 miles...... now, I am a Sedan fan, always LOVED Cressidas but I was young and parents said NO to a 6 cylinder. To make it short, it was stolen twice and crashed, parents forced me to drive it. So it wasn't just a very bland and baseline "people mover" it was bent back to legal regulations to drive since it had already ate most of my savings as a kid......... I drive a 1989 Toyota Cressida, most amazing car, it has it all, I even cringe at the sound of "Camry"

It.......... kept the rain out........ though sometimes I was so embarrassed to be seen in it that I even thought that walking was a better option.

Yeah, Toyota Windom would have made a better Camry......... no wonder I only saw this car once in Japan.......... abandoned in the country side in a ditch

"old" Toyota quality
By Steve

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought our 1991 Camry from my in- laws in 1999 with 83,000 miles. Now at 250,000 miles, I can see why Toyota was dominant in the durability department with these cars. Recently our 4cyl. model on a 525 mile round trip got a record of 39.5pmg with only me in it, but used about 3/4 of a quart of oil. Living in the salt belt has taken a toll on its sheet metal, especially around the rear wheel wells. It does lack power but makes up for it in a smooth and reliable ride. After all of Toyota's recalls lately, I wonder if they will ever make a reliable car like this one again? If I was going newer, I may want to switch to a Honda next time. Toyota went too big too fast and its quality shows!

Dependability! Awesome transmission and good mpg. Visibility with the larger windows is excellent all around (not like today's cars.) It's a car you don't worry about, its good and both you and the car know it. 1991 paint on those cars are excellent. Deep shine and bright colors on non rusty parts.

Better anti corrosion sheet metal. Stainless steel brake lines and that's about it.

Great car, kinda rusty though
By Steve

1991 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought our 1991 Camry from our in-laws with 83,000 miles on it in 1999. Now its nearing 250,000 miles and it still runs/ drives great. The 4 cyl. isn't the quickest, especially with the A/C on, but its gets 33+ mpg highway regularly. No squeaks or rattles inside, the cloth seats are holding up extremely well, but the clincher for me is the auto- transmission is rock solid. If Toyota could have made the car bodies less prone to rust during these years, this probably would be one of the best cars we have ever owned. Period. If you only could put Toyota powertrains into Chevy car bodies? I can only hope

Simple durability. Rock solid shifting from the 4 speed auto/ with OD. Its sad to think cars like this aren't made anymore. Very comfortable seats make long drives effortless.

Wish it had a little more power for a 4 cyl. Also if it didn't rust as quickly as it did above wheel wells and door bottoms.