1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Reliable
By rzbx on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Very reliable. Bought it at 184k miles. Currently 203k miles. Only needed to replace radiator. Replacing spark plugs and spark plug cables helped improve performance. Some noises and vibration when braking (read that it was the brakes and that they just need to be replaced with proper ones). Starter used to get stuck preventing me from starting car, but after hitting it with a wrench every time it froze up, after a few times it just fixed itself.

Camry
By goldengrahams on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

Excellent vehicle. Little to no maintenance required.

Fantastic
By sphinx633 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Great Car! Excellent handling, durability, and very reliable. Has never broken down. At 150,000 miles still running like new.

clear
By David Chang on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

The interior and exterior conditions are excellent. Air conditioning, power steering, power windows, powerdoor locks, tilt wheel, crusie control, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette. If finance, 1.1% APR for 36 months.

Reliable
By elfman on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Driving it is about as exciting as watching paint dry, but this is the most reliable car imaginable. I have never had any problem with this old car, would recommend it to anyone looking for cheap wheels.

Best Car
By Clarence on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I've enjoyed this car better than any I've ever owned. Besides maintenance the only expense has been front brake rotors.

Camry Wagon review
By Margaret Boyarizo on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I've been mostly pleased with the Camry wagon. I'm only selling it because I need a bigger car. I have had to replace a few parts and because it's a Toyota, it's been expensive.

bUyEr BeWaRe!!!!!!
By DontBuyACamry on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

The toyota Camry is the worst car i have ever owned. Ever since we bought it brand new from the dealership, it has been nothing but problems. At 40k miles the engine seized on us. After the repacled engine at 60k the transmission failed. After getting the transmission fixed, it failed again at 80k. We have put more money into the car than it is worth. There is rust on every quarter panel. While the gas mileage is great, reliablity on the V-6 automatics is horrible. Overall a disaster car made by toyota. As a used car buyer I would not buy over 100k.

my best vehicle
By johnt on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever owned. This was the cheapest, most reliable transportation I'll probably ever have. A friend sold it to me for the dealer trade-in value and I drove it for 7 years, 100K miles. It now has 255K miles and still runs great with original engine/transmission.

Best car ever
By John Thomas on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Camry for about 4 years now. I have never had to put any real money into it, just basic stuff like oil changes, brakes, and tires. The trany is still riding smooth with 120K on it, and I'm sure I'll get another 120K out of the car if I wanted to. These cars are definitely built to last. With simple maintenance the body will rot out before the engine ever goes. Try saying that for a domestic vehicle.