1990 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great car
By Busmonkey on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Incredible reliability and gas mileage. I once got 42 mpg on a trip from DC area to Albany, NY. Very little maintenance required to keep this car at its peak. This car has been driven over 25k mi a year, has been stolen and recovered, and has almost 240k mi on the odo. Only now is it showing signs of age.

This car refuses to die!
By iLOVEmyCAMRY on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

My grandparents purchased this model at the end of 1989 and has kept it ever since. It ran wonderfully and looked great, until they gave it to me for my 19th birthday in 2002. Since then I have been in two accidents with it (one involving a DUMP TRUCK) and this car is still holding strong. I am still confident that every time I turn the key in the ignition, it will start.

GOODBYE MY LOVE
By LAofficer on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I am selling my 1990 V6 LE with 103,000 original miles because I just purchased a Honda Accord. I will miss this car dearly. It still runs and looks great. The only problem I had was the light for the radio went out so you couldn't see the display at night. I just hope the next owner will baby and pamper her like I did. The newer Camry's look like old lady cars. That is one reason I bought a 2001 Accord EX V6 loaded including the leather package.

Gonna Miss It
By Cherryk24 on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Bought my 90 Camry when I was 17 for 1500 bucks and got way more than that out of it. Has 192000 miles and is still going! Aside from needing new muffler twice and problems with the heat, it was a great car. I'm gonna miss it when I sell it next week!

Reliable ride
By JLG on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I just traded in my 1990 Camry DX and hated to part with it. It was an unbelievably reliable car. In 13 years, it had only 1 minor repair, aside from routine things (brake job, battery, etc.).

Great first car!
By Disco on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car was great. Bought on consignment over 2 years ago, have driven it on many long trips and tons in the city since. had over 140000 kms when I bought it, never had any major problems. Had to replace the spark plug wires in the first week, understandable in an older vehicle. Did have some problems with the rotors warping...had to be replaced twice and filed down once. Not sure why, even the mechanics were surprised to have it come back with the same problem...they said it was definitely not a typical Toyota problem. A bit of a rust issue as well, but otherwise solid and reliable. I'd still be driving it if it hadn't been stolen!!

old V6 Camry outruns new sports cars
By citizenk on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Perhaps the most amazing things about this car are the power and reliability. In thirteen years of ownership after purchasing brand new, only minor brake work needed to be done. The powerful V6 and light curb weight allows it to outpreform newer, more powerful cars and experiences a syndrome similar to turbo-lag during acceleration, it takes a while to really kick in but is amazing once you get there. I wish I could keep this car forever, but I kind of want a new car sometime in the next decade or two.

1990 Camry V6 DX
By BadApple on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

The car is great for 2600 bucks. I reccomend anyone buy a used one of these, rather than a brand new piece of poop. e.g. kia, hyundai V6 power will push you ahead of everyone else, and toyota quality is always great. Love my car, but don't like the modern era Camrys. Maybe when I get some grey hair, I'll get a grey, new Camry.

exellent
By julius on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

i never have much experience concerning this vehicle

This Car Saved My Life
By LastNite on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car just after my 18th birthday in April of 2002. It had 138K miles on it, and had virtually nothing wrong with it. It was my first car, and I loved the economy, reliability and simplicity of it. Unfortunately, one night I was stopped at a light with a small truck in front of me and a Lincoln Navigator going 45-50 mph obliverated the trunk and sandwiched me between the two of them. I am okay today, thanks to this miracle car. BUY IT!!