1990 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Powerfully Reliable, NO RUST either
By citizenkane on 07/02/06 16:05 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car was handed down to me from my parents, remember getting it from the dealer at age three. 140k miles, park it outside in the cold and salt of Evanston, Illinois, which has taken its toll somewhat. Still no rust, however, even around the wheel wells- a common gripe. The V6 is an amazing engine, when coupled with such a light car it can outrun 2006 model sedans with 220 horsepower. "Power" mode is ridiculously fun. Fuel economy is okay, around 19 for mostly city driving. However, it's a small price to pay for a car so ridiculously fun to drive.

The Perfect Car
By A.J. Sub on 03/25/06 21:22 PM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is as good as it gets. If you can find one that doesn't have rust on it, count on it running at least another 10 years. This was the old family car that was passed on to me, it has a solid 420,000km on it. Its now the car me and my friends use while on campus. While my dad had it, the torque converter went, that was the only major issue with it. It had its wheel bearings replaced thereafter. Aside from that, this is the perfect car for a dirty cheap price. If you treat this car to good maintenance, it'll stand by you forever! I've pushed this up to 160km/h last month without much effort. GREAT CAR. One of the finest vehicles ever made.

Fine car, no reservations at all!
By bobkni on 12/07/05 02:17 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Always a solid, reliable car to own. I bought it new and still have it in 2005... 15 years and not a single problem.

1990 Toyota Camry LE 6 cylinder 4 door s
By Hankus on 07/30/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

purchased 5/1990 , new 3000 mi Demo. Regular service 3000 mi. and maintained. Drives nicely. Cruise control, drivers window, 2 lowest levels of heater, AC fan not operating. Some rust, especially right rear fender, some on left rear fender. Touches of rust on front fenders. White with golden tan upholstery. Used daily for local driving and has been dependable.

Good Car
By Doug on 07/26/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

A pretty good car overall. It good have used a little stronger engine and better brakes. Interior was ok and could have used little more room especially for taller drivers. Reliability was good.

Time Will Tell
By pearscor on 11/17/04 14:20 PM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

First time Toyota buyer. Bought it with 88000 miles on it. Near perfect condition, inside, out, engine were super clean. Had vibration in steering wheel, replaced tires and that fixed it. It did have a high cold idle problem, cleaned idle control valve and idles much lower at startup. Now engine light comes on for minute just as engine warms up, I think it's a EGR Temp Sensor (Common on Calf. Camry's), tried cleaning it, didn't work. May try putting resistor in the connector like others have done to see if that works. Car does seem to be well made. Hope it lasts as long as others say it will, but time will tell.

V6 Camry Smooth as Silk
By MacCamry on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I found a V6 Camry that was faithfully maintained by the previous owner and couldn't be happier with my purchase. With over 160K miles it still feels like a new car. No sports car handling, but smooth quiet and completely reliable. Driving this car it is easy to forget how old it is.

My Most Reliable Car Ever
By Mark S. on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've got 197,700 miles on my Camry and it still runs great! Not sure you can kill these vehicles. Everything remains in excellent working condition, including power locks, power windows and air conditioning that often are problematic on some other older vehicles. I've spent less than $2,000 on repairs and maintenance on this car over the last 10 years, including wear and tear items like tires and brakes.

Will last forever if used well
By Sharkthefisher on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

My parents purchased the car last year at 192K and now has 206K and the engine is still running great. It's a stickshift and I enjoyed driving it. The car is mine now since my parents got a 96Le. The only major problem with the car right now is that it has a major clutch problem and is required to replace the whole set costing around 340 bucks which is not too bad for a car of that age. It has a 4 cyl and you'd be amazed the power it has. But as soon as it got fixed I am planning to use it well because I know those engine's last forever and I am not the first person who said that.

Reliability and low maintaince
By Alissa Conant on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My car has 242,000 miles and it still runs great. It has some minor quirks, but overall this is a fantastic car. I forsee it running for another 50,000 miles with regular maintaince. By the way, it has NEVER broke down on me.