Used 1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Unbelievable quality!
By reviewer

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

OK: 440,000 Miles. Not one break down. Never stuck anywhere. Under $100 in repairs since day 1(repairs, not including maintenance of course). Yes, I do or have done all the maintenance on it. Which isn't too bad since it's a Toyota not a Cadillac. Gets 30 MPG at 85 MPH. Costs $400/year to insure (liability only of course)

Will not break no matter how hard I am on it.

Better rustproofing? 21 NY salty-road winters are causing a little rust in the fender wells. But only a little. Oh, the drivers seat foam is a bit flat as well, though I weigh 275# and have been sitting on it for 21 years, so I kinda expect it to be.

Fabulous Reliability
By Richard8655

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Bought my 1990 Camry DX station Wagon brand new in 1990. Here it is now just starting 2010, and the Camry is going stronger than ever. A couple gripes. Rust around the wheel wells. Also rust-through at the lower front panels just before the front doors due to wet leaves getting in there, which over the years I never noticed until too late. In addition, there's some bluish smoke from the exhaust when starting up in the morning. I'm told this is because the engine seals dry up over time and oil leaks slightly into the cylinders. But absolutely no loss of oil and never have to top up, so not a big deal.

Extremely reliable.

You cant beat this car
By ROD/ASHLEY

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

This car is the best, 4th owner close to 400,000 miles and still truckin. Pick up is great, rides great. Of course their are a couple problems like the axles will not stop breaking, the alternator keeps frying, but I mean come on its 16 years old what would anyone expect

Good design, nice interior, they don't make cloth seats the way they make on this car anymore, it's a one in a million

Smoother ride

LE V6 Wagon, best used car I ever bought
By Chris

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought this car from the original owner who took great care of it about 6 weeks ago. I have to say this is the best used car I have ever bought. I can't believe this car is 16 years old. I have owned newer cars that were not as "modern" as this feels. Solid as the day it was built. With only 130,000 miles it's still got a LOT of life left in it. It runs like new, looks great. Everything about the feel of this car is great.

Everything.

Gas mileage could be better.

The best car ever
By Patrick32787

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought this car brand new in 1990. The car lasted forever without ever having anything wrong with it. I had 168,000 miles on the car when i slid off the road into a tree. I was doing about 30 and no injurys except a minor bruise. The car only had one problem. the ac went @ 140,000 on it. The car is comfortable and was drivin from ny to florida a bunch of times and was great. miss the car alot and wish toyota brought back the camry wagon.

Comfort, Excellent reliablity, velvet like seats, power from the 156HP V-6.

Not a thing. The car was made absolutely perfect. If you liked camry wagons, buy a highlander. that what i did and its just like it. great on gas for an suv, reliable, and safe