1990 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
350k!!!!
By mrspeedster on 04/05/12 07:42 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

i just keeps going!! this is my bf's car, he bought it at 100k 11 years ago (he and i both do alot of cross country driving) all we have done is speakers and radio 110k, serpentine 145k, water pump 190k, fuel pump 250k, front tie rod and front and rear struts 300k (he hopped a curb at 70 mph and that is all it did!) we are really hoping for 400k, and btw at that point talk to your toyota dealer, i have heard of people with their high milage toyotas trading in for a brand new toyota of the same model for F R E E E E E E E E (some advertizement thing) the parts are dirt cheap built like a tank (I hit 2 deers on a dirt road and went smack into a ditch, only a ding on the hood and grill)

230K still going
By Aninika on 03/14/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

My father forced me into buying the little car and it took some time for me to like it. The radiator went shortly after receiving it in '08. Then the starter went and had to be rebuilt, the overdrive is going, it ended up with severed brake lines and there's an oil and gas leak (gas leaks if filled over 9 gallons). Also the cruise control died. The car got around 18- 24mpg, but got me where I needed to go put about as much money into it as I paid for it. Wish I could have taken it to college with me. Not a bad car for a first one even with 200k miles on it.

Great car for its age 169,000 plus miles
By Papun on 12/20/09 08:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

With the biggest been the plastics. They tend to be brittle and brake easy, and the fact that you have to buy a couple of specialized books to help you get data and work on the car, and "the sometimes" costly parts. Mileage is great even with the A/C ON all the time. Similar in look with some other models from the same year. Performance is great if you look for a family oriented car. But for real "performance" it is to low for my taste. Needs more power. Mine is 4 cylinders EFI like any other four engine. Maintenance is very easy! Always remember to use 50/50 mixture in coolant system or the head my suffer, and at about $550+ is expensive. Head gasket set is on the $70+. Is a good car.

It's a Beast
By Jeff... on 11/05/08 08:18 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car was grabbed from my cousin who got it from my grandma, he ran it into the ground. We jump it, drift it, everything, cruises super smooth at 80+ it will not stop. Currently its getting bearing and struts, the struts were so bad it would launch someone if they were jumping on the front bumper. The manual is amazing and the gear ratio for a 5 speed beats anything around!

Takes a Lickin & keeps on Tickin
By Mike S. on 08/02/08 00:06 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Camry right after 9/11 at a public auction for about a grand after taxes and stuff. It was used and abused at 200,000 miles and still runs good at 271,000 miles. I always said that I would get tired of this car before it got tired of me, and I was right. I'll probably be selling "Hillary" soon, and the new owner won't be getting a lemon either. Repairs have been few and far between, a couple alternators (non-Toyota replacements), a broken timing belt (probably the original), power window motor, etc. It's hard to drive a car with so little power in a city these days, but I do most of my driving in rural Illinois anyway.

Good car
By my first car on 05/12/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I was 15. It's a fun car to drive and the engine has enough power, it's just I would like a little more. I have put this car through hell literally. I have got it up to 124 MPH on the highway and there was almost nothing shaking. I've had it rocking on the side of the road it was stuck on a curb and me and my friends had to push it off. The cornering is amazing, the reliability is ridiculous I would recommend this to anybody who would want a car.

Camry
By goldengrahams on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

Excellent vehicle. Little to no maintenance required.

my first car
By freydaddy on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first car ever, and while it is a bit slow, I love it. I bought it when it had 145k miles in 1/2001 and it now has 182k. The most serious problem I had to fix was to replace the distributor cap. Other than that it has just been regular maintenance.

experience with my camry
By camrydriver on 02/27/02 10:23 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan

nice car, but std version has no tach but the pickup is not that bad. I'd rather be driving an 93 accord.