1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
They don't build them like this anymore
By cjleary83 on 04/01/14 17:39 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

For what it is, my 1990 Camry is by far the best car I've owned. It's built to get you from point A to point B comfortably and reliably, and that's exactly what it does. I've owned it since 2001 (second owner) and other than oil changes, batteries, and headlights, I've never had to have any work done on it. May have recharged the ac once. I also own an 07 Subaru legacy, and I actually keep it in the garage most of the time, because there's no point putting miles on it while the Camry still runs perfectly. Sure, it's not the prettiest car and it's not going to win any races, but for a daily driver, this is an ideal machine. Gas mileage is decent and it's dirt cheap to insure.

Best Car EVER!
By Bill on 11/08/09 10:39 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry with 55000 miles on it. I to this date have only put about 25000 miles on it after 5 and a half years. I look at it every day and hope that it gets me through the day, not because of its engine but because of the rust! This hands down is the best engineered automobile ever built!! I just love all its options and its comfort. It only has one fan speed now, and that high (thank god!), but other than that with routine oil changes etc, its a wonderful car. I am going to shed a tear when I have to turn it in to the junk yard. I will drive it to its death!

320k and runs better than my new car
By Matt on 12/01/08 00:48 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought it brand new in 1990 fully loaded and once I graduated high school, they passed it onto me in 1994. Since then I've owned 5 cars and every single one did not live up to the Camry. The car has been great! 320k on original engine and transmission and still runs like a champ! Gas mileage can be better but it's a V6 from the 1990s so not much complaint. No paint problems or rust. This car is most definitely going to stay with me till its not running. Toyota surely made this vehicle to last last and last. Props to them.

I love ths car!
By jake on 06/13/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Just bought it today! $2000 Cdn 1990 Camry auto 4cyl 2.0 l recently painted - very classic look! 131000 km, new tires, recent brakes, new paint and smooth smooth smooth Not the best pick up, but I'm gonna just cruise.

The Perfect Car
By A.J. Sub on 03/25/06 21:22 PM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is as good as it gets. If you can find one that doesn't have rust on it, count on it running at least another 10 years. This was the old family car that was passed on to me, it has a solid 420,000km on it. Its now the car me and my friends use while on campus. While my dad had it, the torque converter went, that was the only major issue with it. It had its wheel bearings replaced thereafter. Aside from that, this is the perfect car for a dirty cheap price. If you treat this car to good maintenance, it'll stand by you forever! I've pushed this up to 160km/h last month without much effort. GREAT CAR. One of the finest vehicles ever made.

1990 Toyota Camry LE 6 cylinder 4 door s
By Hankus on 07/30/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

purchased 5/1990 , new 3000 mi Demo. Regular service 3000 mi. and maintained. Drives nicely. Cruise control, drivers window, 2 lowest levels of heater, AC fan not operating. Some rust, especially right rear fender, some on left rear fender. Touches of rust on front fenders. White with golden tan upholstery. Used daily for local driving and has been dependable.

V6 Camry Smooth as Silk
By MacCamry on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I found a V6 Camry that was faithfully maintained by the previous owner and couldn't be happier with my purchase. With over 160K miles it still feels like a new car. No sports car handling, but smooth quiet and completely reliable. Driving this car it is easy to forget how old it is.

Reliability and low maintaince
By Alissa Conant on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My car has 242,000 miles and it still runs great. It has some minor quirks, but overall this is a fantastic car. I forsee it running for another 50,000 miles with regular maintaince. By the way, it has NEVER broke down on me.

GOODBYE MY LOVE
By LAofficer on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I am selling my 1990 V6 LE with 103,000 original miles because I just purchased a Honda Accord. I will miss this car dearly. It still runs and looks great. The only problem I had was the light for the radio went out so you couldn't see the display at night. I just hope the next owner will baby and pamper her like I did. The newer Camry's look like old lady cars. That is one reason I bought a 2001 Accord EX V6 loaded including the leather package.

Great first car!
By Disco on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car was great. Bought on consignment over 2 years ago, have driven it on many long trips and tons in the city since. had over 140000 kms when I bought it, never had any major problems. Had to replace the spark plug wires in the first week, understandable in an older vehicle. Did have some problems with the rotors warping...had to be replaced twice and filed down once. Not sure why, even the mechanics were surprised to have it come back with the same problem...they said it was definitely not a typical Toyota problem. A bit of a rust issue as well, but otherwise solid and reliable. I'd still be driving it if it hadn't been stolen!!