2008 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews 2

2008 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Absolutely Red
By Dadeo on 12/16/08 14:41 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car is for my wife. She wanted quiet, comfortable, sporty and spacious. Not an easy combination for a convrt under $30K. Tested: Sebring V6, Mustang V6 & VW Eos converts. Solara has best combination of space, features and price. This was 4th and last car we drove. She knew she wanted it at only 30 seconds into the test drive. Pluses 1. Top that does NOT fold down into fairly roomy trunk. You won't have to rearrange the contents of the trunk to put the top down. Ever. 2. Practically no engine and wind noise 3. Comfortable rear seating (true but hard to believe) 4. Solid comfortable ride & handling 5. Excelent ergos and cockpit for driver & front passenger 6. Peppy engine No Minuses

Can't miss convertible
By Jazbuf on 11/22/08 10:38 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove 2 other converts. and the Solara was by far the most comfortable and by far the most quiet, absolutely no wind noise. A wonderful car to drive with top up or down. My only disappointment was no back-up assist available,no power seats available on passenger side or 8cyl. up-grade. I would buy the same car again after driving it for one year.

Rattles in back windows
By RS on 09/10/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My retirement car after looking at many convertibles. Love the car with the top down, but hate it with the top up because of the rattles in the back side windows, especially the passenger side). On bumps or rough roads, the window sounds like it is going to fall out of track. It started when I drove it off of the dealership lot and I was assured it would be fixed, but after several attempts to fix it, including shims being put in the back side window and a tear in the headliner while trying to fix it, I have now been told by the dealership and Toyota Corp. that there is nothing that can be done, that it is problem with this model. A $32,000 car and nothing can be done!

Best Convertible on the Planet!
By Robert Bronk on 09/08/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

In white frost this is a real head turner - it really is a Lexus 430 with a Toyota badge. The styling makes a statement - this is one very striking car to drive. With the top down and the boot cover on it draws observers and great comments. The top does have a blind spot and the boot fills the trunk but I can live with those inconveniences. The interior is roomy, all controls are of quality and this is clearly one very premium car. Performance is excellent, the engine is quiet, and the transmission is really seamless. Mileage is 25 MPG - not bad for luxury. What a wonderful ride!

Fun car, smooth ride, roomy
By tkoz on 08/27/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this car is a winner. It's fun to drive and very smooth (like a Lexus). I bought this car because of its room and style. Fits four adults comfortably and also can fit three teens in the back (need to cross-over the seat belts). I wish it had a little more pick up but hasn't been a problem. Wish the driver seat had a memory for at least one driver. Bluetooth for phone doesn't allow name of person calling to be programmed. Doesn't have the RDS (radio display signal).

My first (but not last) Convertible
By ec on 08/17/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 55 yrs old and this is my first ever convertible! So much fun, I don't know why it took me so long. I may have a park assist (back up alarm) added on to mine. There is somewhat of a blind spot.

Lexus like
By Gene on 08/16/08 06:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The test drive in the rain with the top up impressed me. The quietness and the solid, confidence inspiring handling were very impressive. Love the gauge illumination at night too. The 6's performance seems fine to me and great gas mileage too! Car trip with only 200 miles on the odo got 30+ mostly highway mpg at 70. Top down on the highway is fine too- not too much wind and able to talk in a normal tone w/o windscreen. The nav system is not as intuitive as my Garmin Nuvi but does have its pluses. Voice activation commands with the top down is iffy. Luckily this can be done manually. Radio is nice, rear visibility is ok with mirrors and seat adjusted properly. Tilt & tele wheel is great.

Get it before its gone!!!
By Shacojinn on 08/13/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the dark grey on black w/ black top three weeks ago. First convertible ever. Great so far. Dozens of compliments already. The sport trim rocks! Getting 28 and some change on the mpg, mostly hwy. Rides very smooth, a great cruiser, turns lots of heads.

Camry Solara
By Rosa Colello on 08/05/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really have fun driving my Solara. It drives smoothly and is very comfortable. All of the added equipment is user friendly. For a soft top it is quiet on the highway.

Best of the reasonable priced cars
By jeepers on 08/02/08 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Got an electric blue with all goodies. Have had convertibles for 40 plus years. This is the best all around car I have had. Why are they stopping making it??