2008 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: 08 Solara SE 4 Hardtop

2008 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

08 Solara SE 4 Hardtop
By Rob from Martinsburg on

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for a great price towards the end of February. It's not the top of the line model but it has the moonroof, 6 disc, and the alarm system. Yes, there is some tranny lag and no, I haven't yet taken it in for the re-flash as I don't think that it will affect it much anyway. I've found that the slow shifts do not occur when the shifter is in manual shift mode & I'm having a blast shifting in manual through town and when merging. Gas MPG has improved @30 MPG combined with 4200 miles which is very acceptable being that my 05 XB gets 33 mpg. The Solara rides very smooth, the front strut tie bar keeps the front end flat and the trunk is huge. Headlights are great & cd display dim.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, ride, handling, and MPG. I like that the gas tank is 18.5 gal for extended cruising. Headlight distance is excellent. Very quiet ride with the windows and roof closed. Lighted Gauge display is cool and 6 disc is good for road trips. LED tail lights and the exterior styling superb.

Suggested Improvements

Dim radio display, tranny lag, and no standard power seat on the SE model. USB input for the head unit should be standard. Rear seat armrest would be nice addition. Stock Michelin MVX4 tires are middle of the road performance at best. They don't grip particularly well in hard turns but ride smooth.