2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
In love
By joanne on 02/05/10 20:14 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's quiet,responsive and fun to drive. Only a few things I would change. The angle of the clock etc, I wish it were slightly angled toward the driver,it's flat across the front and hard to see when driving, and the snap for the buckle is too deep by the seat,a struggle to snap the seat buckle into it, it should be a few inches longer. That's it, again, I love my car.

08 Solara SE 4 Hardtop
By Rob from Martinsburg on 05/20/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for a great price towards the end of February. It's not the top of the line model but it has the moonroof, 6 disc, and the alarm system. Yes, there is some tranny lag and no, I haven't yet taken it in for the re-flash as I don't think that it will affect it much anyway. I've found that the slow shifts do not occur when the shifter is in manual shift mode & I'm having a blast shifting in manual through town and when merging. Gas MPG has improved @30 MPG combined with 4200 miles which is very acceptable being that my 05 XB gets 33 mpg. The Solara rides very smooth, the front strut tie bar keeps the front end flat and the trunk is huge. Headlights are great & cd display dim.

Auto Trans lags badly
By Torx55 on 01/13/09 20:44 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The auto trans is very very slow to downshift, in fact, there is at least a 2-3 second lag when you push the accelerator, to the power getting to the wheels. The motors revs then trans engages. Dealer loaded the new ECM software, but it made little if any difference. Dealer said he did all he could and the trans is considered fixed and normal by Toyota. Sure shocks me if Toyota engineers consider this normal. If you get one, be careful when pulling into traffic or when quick acceleration is necessary. The trans will scare you. I won't keep this Toyota for 150K miles as I did with the car I sold to get this 08. Very disappointing.

Somewhat Disappointed
By xwxman on 01/04/09 15:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Disappointed that the new engine and trans needs a TSB update (0068-08) to fix poor shifting and acceleration. Disappointed that the radio display is very weak/dim and unviewable with sunglasses. Disappointed that the brakes grab and are noisy. Disappointed with rattles and squeaks that have already cropped up.

Solid
By SC on 06/04/08 01:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Awesome purchase for the money. Lots of features for cheap. Alloys, fog lights, power everything, ABS, moonroof, steering wheel audio controls. Avg. 31 mpg in mixed driving so far. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room. Can fit in backseat no problem. Very sufficeint power with the 4 cyl.

Love my Solara
By Leesy on 04/10/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2008 SLE V-6 just last week. I love it! After having a 4-Runner for 11 years, I knew buying another Toyota would be the right move. I never dreamed it would be such an awesome car to drive. The ride is very smooth and stable. The safety features make me feel as safe as when I drove my SUV. The pick-up it has is great, and the ride is just as comfortable on the highway as in the city. The trunk is huge. I love having a sporty car that is not "tiny". Good job again, Toyota

Blue Streak
By musky on 03/25/08 06:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2008 Version 4 cylinder model I drove the 6 and the 4 and decided on the 4 because I didn't sense much of a difference. I seem to choose cars that end production the year I buy them. I had a great Celica. I am more than pleased with performance. Mileage stated on the sticker was 21 31 and so far after about 3000 miles I am getting 28 39 , so I am very pleased with that. Rides very smoothly. No problems at highway speeds. Rear seats fold down so along with the roomy trunk there is plenty of storage room.

Lucky me - I now own 2!! :-)
By Alyssa516 on 12/16/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Back in 2006 I had hopes for the super red - sigh - only a black one available but color of car not that impt. I love driving this car. Now I have just gotten my second one, a 2008 Super RED. It's TDF imho. After owning various Lexus ES300, GS300 and ES350 models since 1993. I'm thrilled to now currently own 2 sport looking and super comfortable drive cars. In fact they remind me very much of my husbands stunning SC400 Lexus sport coupes. If you have the chance to get one of the SLEs before they are no longer available (sad, this is the last year for my fav. car) try to get one!:-)

Love this car!
By dlk6003 on 11/26/07 05:41 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the coupe after trading in a 2006 Honda CR-V. What a difference! The ride, handling, quiet (even with the sunroof open). I am in love with this car!

Great Car
By mrf777 on 10/10/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We shopped around for a coupe, and found that the Solara was the best car at the best price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.