Used 2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Car-Not a Performance Purchase
By RDW

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I think this is a fantastic car, but if you want super strong acceleration and handling, this probably isn't the best car for you. It's too bad because it is a great car, has rear seats that can be used and a great trunk.

Second Solara
By Solara Loving Guy

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Solara convertible. I bought a 2008 brand new and got rid of it after a year because I had an itch for a fancier car. Huge mistake. I just bought a used 2008 Solara SLE convertible with only 2,000 miles on it and it is wonderful. It fits my 6'1 frame, drives beautifully and is really the perfect car. It's not a Porsche or BMW or other high performance car. It is a smooth, well-constructed piece of heaven.

Awesome Car!!
By vsf82

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking at this car for quite some time.
Finally decided on the convertible and I just love it!! the ride and performance on this vehicle is just like a Lexus, just like driving/riding on air! The only issue I see is the rear view window should be bigger due to the huge blind spot.
There is some road noise while driving, but it's a convertible. A/C works perfectly along with everything else. I can't say enough Wonderful things about this car, it's nothing but Pure Quality from Toyota!!

the ride, performance, the interior, everything about this car is Pure Toyota/Lexus Quality!!

Bigger rear window

End of the Line
By RG

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Convertible is one that actually can comfortably hold 4 - with my two active sons in the back seat. It has very nice ride, especially on the highway. Navigation system could be improved to allow adjustments while moving. Voice recognition better than others used. Overall an enjoyable car to take out on ride, especially on a nice sunny day, with enough room for the family and all the junk in the trunk.

Convertible quick to go down, large back seat, interior finish excellent, large trunk, comfortable ride.

Navigation system upgrade, updated exterior styling, more acceleration.

All this and a bag of chips
By keith

2008 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first non BMW car in 10 years. This is also my first Toyota ever. I am very surprised about the quality. Ride is a little noisy but it's a convertible. Other that that I love this car, smooth ride and with the top down it is the most fun car I have ever owned. Fits a family of four comfortably & I am lost without the nav. Besides normal maintenance have not had a problem since the day I rolled it off the lot, and I drive 150 miles a day.

NAV. Big trunk. Turns heads (get a lot of compliments on it).

Agree with all reviews... horrible blind spots. Convertible boot could be better and easier to install.