2008 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Awesome Car!!
By vsf82 on 06/23/12 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking at this car for quite some time. Finally decided on the convertible and I just love it!! the ride and performance on this vehicle is just like a Lexus, just like driving/riding on air! The only issue I see is the rear view window should be bigger due to the huge blind spot. There is some road noise while driving, but it's a convertible. A/C works perfectly along with everything else. I can't say enough Wonderful things about this car, it's nothing but Pure Quality from Toyota!!

End of the Line
By RG on 10/21/09 09:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Convertible is one that actually can comfortably hold 4 - with my two active sons in the back seat. It has very nice ride, especially on the highway. Navigation system could be improved to allow adjustments while moving. Voice recognition better than others used. Overall an enjoyable car to take out on ride, especially on a nice sunny day, with enough room for the family and all the junk in the trunk.

All this and a bag of chips
By keith on 10/05/09 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first non BMW car in 10 years. This is also my first Toyota ever. I am very surprised about the quality. Ride is a little noisy but it's a convertible. Other that that I love this car, smooth ride and with the top down it is the most fun car I have ever owned. Fits a family of four comfortably & I am lost without the nav. Besides normal maintenance have not had a problem since the day I rolled it off the lot, and I drive 150 miles a day.

End of the line
By GM on 04/08/09 01:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had reservations about buying a car I knew was no longer being manufactured. However, there simply is not a convertible out there that provides the smoothness, comfort, feature set, and room anywhere near this price point. And the close-out incentives were certainly compelling. This car is not about driving excitement. Freeway curves easily taken at 80 in my 3-series need to be adjusted down to 60 in the Solara. Acceleration is good, but not dramatic. However, everything about this car exudes refinement - whisper-quiet Lexus grade engine, solid thunk of the trunk, smooth switch gear, damped cup holder cover, efficient top mechanism.

Comfortable Convertible
By Former Bmwer owner on 01/13/09 12:40 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very comfortable convertible and can actually hold two people in the back seat! The car has enough power for most situations. The trunk is great (roomy) for a convertible. Needs automatic seat adjustment, larger rear window, and a better navigation system. The navigation system will tell you to turn once you are past the turn!

Absolutely Red
By Dadeo on 12/16/08 14:41 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car is for my wife. She wanted quiet, comfortable, sporty and spacious. Not an easy combination for a convrt under $30K. Tested: Sebring V6, Mustang V6 & VW Eos converts. Solara has best combination of space, features and price. This was 4th and last car we drove. She knew she wanted it at only 30 seconds into the test drive. Pluses 1. Top that does NOT fold down into fairly roomy trunk. You won't have to rearrange the contents of the trunk to put the top down. Ever. 2. Practically no engine and wind noise 3. Comfortable rear seating (true but hard to believe) 4. Solid comfortable ride & handling 5. Excelent ergos and cockpit for driver & front passenger 6. Peppy engine No Minuses

Can't miss convertible
By Jazbuf on 11/22/08 10:38 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove 2 other converts. and the Solara was by far the most comfortable and by far the most quiet, absolutely no wind noise. A wonderful car to drive with top up or down. My only disappointment was no back-up assist available,no power seats available on passenger side or 8cyl. up-grade. I would buy the same car again after driving it for one year.

Rattles in back windows
By RS on 09/10/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My retirement car after looking at many convertibles. Love the car with the top down, but hate it with the top up because of the rattles in the back side windows, especially the passenger side). On bumps or rough roads, the window sounds like it is going to fall out of track. It started when I drove it off of the dealership lot and I was assured it would be fixed, but after several attempts to fix it, including shims being put in the back side window and a tear in the headliner while trying to fix it, I have now been told by the dealership and Toyota Corp. that there is nothing that can be done, that it is problem with this model. A $32,000 car and nothing can be done!

Fun car, smooth ride, roomy
By tkoz on 08/27/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this car is a winner. It's fun to drive and very smooth (like a Lexus). I bought this car because of its room and style. Fits four adults comfortably and also can fit three teens in the back (need to cross-over the seat belts). I wish it had a little more pick up but hasn't been a problem. Wish the driver seat had a memory for at least one driver. Bluetooth for phone doesn't allow name of person calling to be programmed. Doesn't have the RDS (radio display signal).

My first (but not last) Convertible
By ec on 08/17/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 55 yrs old and this is my first ever convertible! So much fun, I don't know why it took me so long. I may have a park assist (back up alarm) added on to mine. There is somewhat of a blind spot.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Camry Solara in VA is:

$112 per month*