Used 2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Second Solara
By Solara Loving Guy

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Solara convertible. I bought a 2008 brand new and got rid of it after a year because I had an itch for a fancier car. Huge mistake. I just bought a used 2008 Solara SLE convertible with only 2,000 miles on it and it is wonderful. It fits my 6'1 frame, drives beautifully and is really the perfect car. It's not a Porsche or BMW or other high performance car. It is a smooth, well-constructed piece of heaven.

Awesome Car!!
By vsf82

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking at this car for quite some time. Finally decided on the convertible and I just love it!! the ride and performance on this vehicle is just like a Lexus, just like driving/riding on air! The only issue I see is the rear view window should be bigger due to the huge blind spot. There is some road noise while driving, but it's a convertible. A/C works perfectly along with everything else. I can't say enough Wonderful things about this car, it's nothing but Pure Quality from Toyota!!

the ride, performance, the interior, everything about this car is Pure Toyota/Lexus Quality!!

Bigger rear window

End of the Line
By RG

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Convertible is one that actually can comfortably hold 4 - with my two active sons in the back seat. It has very nice ride, especially on the highway. Navigation system could be improved to allow adjustments while moving. Voice recognition better than others used. Overall an enjoyable car to take out on ride, especially on a nice sunny day, with enough room for the family and all the junk in the trunk.

Convertible quick to go down, large back seat, interior finish excellent, large trunk, comfortable ride.

Navigation system upgrade, updated exterior styling, more acceleration.

All this and a bag of chips
By keith

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first non BMW car in 10 years. This is also my first Toyota ever. I am very surprised about the quality. Ride is a little noisy but it's a convertible. Other that that I love this car, smooth ride and with the top down it is the most fun car I have ever owned. Fits a family of four comfortably & I am lost without the nav. Besides normal maintenance have not had a problem since the day I rolled it off the lot, and I drive 150 miles a day.

NAV. Big trunk. Turns heads (get a lot of compliments on it).

Agree with all reviews... horrible blind spots. Convertible boot could be better and easier to install.

End of the line
By GM

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had reservations about buying a car I knew was no longer being manufactured. However, there simply is not a convertible out there that provides the smoothness, comfort, feature set, and room anywhere near this price point. And the close-out incentives were certainly compelling. This car is not about driving excitement. Freeway curves easily taken at 80 in my 3-series need to be adjusted down to 60 in the Solara. Acceleration is good, but not dramatic. However, everything about this car exudes refinement - whisper-quiet Lexus grade engine, solid thunk of the trunk, smooth switch gear, damped cup holder cover, efficient top mechanism.

Feels rich, high feature content, expected Toyota reliability, quiet, comfortable, roomy, smooth, night sky above

Massive blind spots, small rear window, need automatic panel to hide folded top mechanism (like my old Audi)

• SUV