2008 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Awesome Car!!
By vsf82 on 06/23/12 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking at this car for quite some time. Finally decided on the convertible and I just love it!! the ride and performance on this vehicle is just like a Lexus, just like driving/riding on air! The only issue I see is the rear view window should be bigger due to the huge blind spot. There is some road noise while driving, but it's a convertible. A/C works perfectly along with everything else. I can't say enough Wonderful things about this car, it's nothing but Pure Quality from Toyota!!

love it
By jeepers on 04/06/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After almost 30K miles, still love the car. Only problem has been the bluetooth and the horrible rear view when the top is up. Would love for someone to make a new top for it with a larger rear window. Great car, 32 mpg on the hwy with ac on and 70 mph. 24 around town. Great comfort and so smooth.

In love
By joanne on 02/05/10 20:14 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's quiet,responsive and fun to drive. Only a few things I would change. The angle of the clock etc, I wish it were slightly angled toward the driver,it's flat across the front and hard to see when driving, and the snap for the buckle is too deep by the seat,a struggle to snap the seat buckle into it, it should be a few inches longer. That's it, again, I love my car.

End of the Line
By RG on 10/21/09 09:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Convertible is one that actually can comfortably hold 4 - with my two active sons in the back seat. It has very nice ride, especially on the highway. Navigation system could be improved to allow adjustments while moving. Voice recognition better than others used. Overall an enjoyable car to take out on ride, especially on a nice sunny day, with enough room for the family and all the junk in the trunk.

All this and a bag of chips
By keith on 10/05/09 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first non BMW car in 10 years. This is also my first Toyota ever. I am very surprised about the quality. Ride is a little noisy but it's a convertible. Other that that I love this car, smooth ride and with the top down it is the most fun car I have ever owned. Fits a family of four comfortably & I am lost without the nav. Besides normal maintenance have not had a problem since the day I rolled it off the lot, and I drive 150 miles a day.

08 Solara SE 4 Hardtop
By Rob from Martinsburg on 05/20/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for a great price towards the end of February. It's not the top of the line model but it has the moonroof, 6 disc, and the alarm system. Yes, there is some tranny lag and no, I haven't yet taken it in for the re-flash as I don't think that it will affect it much anyway. I've found that the slow shifts do not occur when the shifter is in manual shift mode & I'm having a blast shifting in manual through town and when merging. Gas MPG has improved @30 MPG combined with 4200 miles which is very acceptable being that my 05 XB gets 33 mpg. The Solara rides very smooth, the front strut tie bar keeps the front end flat and the trunk is huge. Headlights are great & cd display dim.

End of the line
By GM on 04/08/09 01:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had reservations about buying a car I knew was no longer being manufactured. However, there simply is not a convertible out there that provides the smoothness, comfort, feature set, and room anywhere near this price point. And the close-out incentives were certainly compelling. This car is not about driving excitement. Freeway curves easily taken at 80 in my 3-series need to be adjusted down to 60 in the Solara. Acceleration is good, but not dramatic. However, everything about this car exudes refinement - whisper-quiet Lexus grade engine, solid thunk of the trunk, smooth switch gear, damped cup holder cover, efficient top mechanism.

Auto Trans lags badly
By Torx55 on 01/13/09 20:44 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The auto trans is very very slow to downshift, in fact, there is at least a 2-3 second lag when you push the accelerator, to the power getting to the wheels. The motors revs then trans engages. Dealer loaded the new ECM software, but it made little if any difference. Dealer said he did all he could and the trans is considered fixed and normal by Toyota. Sure shocks me if Toyota engineers consider this normal. If you get one, be careful when pulling into traffic or when quick acceleration is necessary. The trans will scare you. I won't keep this Toyota for 150K miles as I did with the car I sold to get this 08. Very disappointing.

Comfortable Convertible
By Former Bmwer owner on 01/13/09 12:40 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very comfortable convertible and can actually hold two people in the back seat! The car has enough power for most situations. The trunk is great (roomy) for a convertible. Needs automatic seat adjustment, larger rear window, and a better navigation system. The navigation system will tell you to turn once you are past the turn!

Somewhat Disappointed
By xwxman on 01/04/09 15:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Disappointed that the new engine and trans needs a TSB update (0068-08) to fix poor shifting and acceleration. Disappointed that the radio display is very weak/dim and unviewable with sunglasses. Disappointed that the brakes grab and are noisy. Disappointed with rattles and squeaks that have already cropped up.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.