Burst Bubble Too
By U-boat commander on
2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I've owned many cars, but this is my first new Toyota. Given their reputation, I thought this would be a good car to get. So far, it's been a disaster. Stalled, rough engine all around (especially on warm up) and dealer finds no problems. Lugging and poor engine performance on turns and on upshift. Reset computer to no avail. There is a fix, but only for the '07 Camry that has the same problems. Not available for the Solara yet, if ever, they tell me. Severe rainwater leaks not only from cowl, but both doors as well. I've gotten used to driving loaner cars, it spent two weeks in the dealership just getting those leaks fixed. MPG on dash shows around 28 steady, actual can be as low as 19.
Favorite Features
Nice looking car, comfortable seats, quiet ride. Sound system is excellent. Lots of compliments when I have the car. Auto dimming mirror w/compass is nice, but could react faster. Seat belts have cool extenders from the shoulder mounts making them comfortable to wear for all.
Suggested Improvements
Quality and reliability. Unacceptable to have such water leaks in a mature vehicle (this generation from 2004). When Toyota knows there is a problem, fix all vehicles with the same drivetrain, not just some models. Design backup lights, turn signals, headlights so you don't need the dealer to replace them.